Aimed at no particular person

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just in case it was the pic of my target that brought this thread on, I know what is beyond my target. And it is nothing. Nothing but one mile of the woods you see. No roads. No houses. No walking trails. No domestic animals. I know this because I own everything beyond that target for a mile. As for why it is sitting where it is and not further down or over, Ill be happy to explain if my targets are the ones you are talking about. Thats all if you assume the shooter will be standing in the same spot the photo was taken from while he shoots.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw another one today and will try to find the link.
Shooting on flat field at dueling tree. No backstop and you could see cars driving on a road in the background.
It was on facebook. Unbelievable what some will do and post on FB.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just in case it was the pic of my target that brought this thread on, I know what is beyond my target. And it is nothing. Nothing but one mile of the woods you see. No roads. No houses. No walking trails. No domestic animals. I know this because I own everything beyond that target for a mile. As for why it is sitting where it is and not further down or over, Ill be happy to explain if my targets are the ones you are talking about. Thats all if you assume the shooter will be standing in the same spot the photo was taken from while he shoots.
Dang. I want to see your pictures beastep. Ha. Where I shoot outside, no backstop but also no house's, cattle or anything else for a couple of miles. If there is anyone, they're poaching and trespassing.
I'm moving to a different spot this year to have a backstop because it's easier for me to see misses at distance (pushing up some dirt)

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So where do all the bullets go when you miss?
Hope theres no house in those woods and they are on your property.
Hate for those to be my woods and somebody start firing down thru there when I'm going for a walk.
Theres an old saying "be sure of your target and be sure of your backstop"
Woods don't stop all bullets.

I've noticed a lot of photos and videos on OSA and youtube of people shooting places with no backstop and don't seem to realize how far those bullets travel.
Well if I'm standing here and shooting at something over there, the bullets go over there. If I miss, they go somewhere over there.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang. I want to see your pictures beastep. Ha. Where I shoot outside, no backstop but also no house's, cattle or anything else for a couple of miles. If there is anyone, they're poaching and trespassing.
I'm moving to a different spot this year to have a backstop because it's easier for me to see misses at distance (pushing up some dirt)

Kinda figured my pic of my plate rack was part of the discussion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom