aimpoint suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a M3 or possibly a M4 but I wondered what your thoughts were on the H1 and T1's.What mounts and should I co-witness or go with a 1/3 mount

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my H1. I recently switched from an ADM mount to a Daniel Defense mount for even more weight savings. Lower 1/3 is the only way to go. As mentioned above you can't go wrong with any of them.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't do lower 1/3 if you've got MBUS sights - I'm figuring out that their weird shape makes it pretty hard to get a good line-up on the sights with my 553 (granted, the round sight-picture of the Aimpoint is probably not as bad as the flat-bottom sight-picture on the EOTech, but the Micros have a lot less real estate to work with).

I say go with the M3 (or ML3 if you don't plan on using night vision).

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joshell, I thought you were absolutin' it nowadays?

I was until the Magpul class. There was several times I felt like I had to really get down on the stock to find my dot. Mostly it was in the weird positions like urban prone and supine though. I think it also had to do with this was my first class with the H1 and I was used to the slightly larger tube of the Comp M models.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my H1. I recently switched from an ADM mount to a Daniel Defense mount for even more weight savings. Lower 1/3 is the only way to go. As mentioned above you can't go wrong with any of them.

Is that DD a non QD mount?Do they offer a flip lens cover for the H1?

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No the DD is not QD. QD is over rated in my opinion. With the micro being a tad smaller in diameter it just makes it that much easier to use it as a large BUIS in the off chance it goes down so the weight savings was more important to me then having the ability to remove it quickly. The micros come with a bikini style lens cover. Most, including myself, just pull it down onto the body of the mount. GG&G makes a mount with built in flip up caps but that's the only way I know to add them to the micros. I never used the flip ups when I ran the larger Aimpoints either. I just left them off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom