Air Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHITEWOLF

New to the site!
Reaction score
How many have air guns in the stash? Not talking about the Red Ryder “you will shoot your eye out” but newer more modern type, .25 to .177 calibers or 308, 454 or 50 Cal and above big bore air guns. A good source to look at the big bore air is the Quackenbush web site.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3. A Benjamin .177 I've had for 35 years, a single shot chinese .177 cheap and heavy but powerful rifle and a Sheridan .22 pump pistol.

Coz

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been thinking about an airgun but not sure where to start. I think it would be a great idea having one for hunting small game, cheap to shhot and low noise.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 2 air rifles and my Red Rider that stays in the safe, for sentimental reasons it's more valuable that the air rifles. Mine are both Crossman, if I lived rurally where I could pop the starlings & grackles without freaking out the neighbors I would probably own one of those nicer ones - I might not spend the money on a Benjamin but at least a Gamo.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple. One is a Sheridan pump in .22 pellet and the other is a really sweet mid 60s Crosman 400 .22 repeater. It's a ten shot, bolt action that was originally double CO2 but has been converted to bulk air.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old B1, and a couple RWS .22 and .177 that are prefect for rabbit and squirrel.
You can carry 100 .22 pellets in a snuff can.

Spring piston is the way to go on the smaller calibers, but they are hard on scopes.
They have recoil both ways so some scopes can't handle the forward recoil.
We have went through 3 name brand scopes, one that I used on my 30-06, but broke on the RWS.

Be wary of the speeds some of the manufactures show. They use a very light pellet, to get max speed.
After you break in the gun, then run it through a chronograph to see what it will do.

I would like to see what one of the big bore 45's would do.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of those gammo 1200 fps jobbies. My BIL gave it to me years ago. Alas, I live in Moore now so I can't even shoot it in my backyard without breaking the law.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many have air guns in the stash? Not talking about the Red Ryder “you will shoot your eye out” but newer more modern type, .25 to .177 calibers or 308, 454 or 50 Cal and above big bore air guns. A good source to look at the big bore air is the Quackenbush web site.

after of about 8 years of trying ... finally got a Quackenbusch .458 LA Outlaw Air Rifle (500+ fpe).. only to find out it's illegal to take deer in Oklahoma with an air rifle. the fact that historically Americans have been hunting deer with large bore air rifles for hundreds of years makes no difference.

http://www.okshooters.com/showthrea...al-to-hunt-Deer-with-an-Air-Rifle-in-Oklahoma

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00455_1.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00466.jpg

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two rifles - a Gamo .177 break-action spring piston rifle with about 1000 fps capability, and a common Crosman BB/pellet multipurpose. Two pistols - a Daisy 717 Olympic-wanna-be .177, and a Crosman "I'll be a S&W .357 when I grow up" 9 shot pellet revolver.

I keep them around for indoor practice and to teach the younger set how to shoot. Never thought of them as SHTF options before, but you folks make me think.

Wonder if there's about to be a run on pellet tins!

Latest posts

Top Bottom