Air Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... finally got a Quackenbusch .458 LA Outlaw Air Rifle (500+ fpe).. only to find out it's illegal to take deer in Oklahoma with an air rifle. the fact that historically Americans have been hunting deer with large bore air rifles for hundreds of years makes no difference.

That's a great looking rifle _CY_. Building those is probably close to a lost art. I'd treat it like a bona fide heirloom.

If they opened up deer hunting to air rifles there'd inevitably be some city slicker out in the boonies shooting something's eye out with a Red Rider.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a great looking rifle _CY_. Building those is probably close to a lost art. I'd treat it like a bona fide heirloom.

If they opened up deer hunting to air rifles there'd inevitably be some city slicker out in the boonies shooting something's eye out with a Red Rider.

thanks .. hope to leave my Quackenbush air rifle to one of my boys ...

the entire air rifle is hand made including boring out steel stock for barrel. Dennis Quackenbush charges a fraction of what they are worth, hence the waiting line. folks that snag his rifles for profit, typically will double to triple selling price.

if/when Okla laws do get changed ... hopefully it will be patterned after other states like ARK which limits deer hunting air rifles with min .45 caliber.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a scoped Gamo that's rated at 1000 with lead and 1200 with the gold PBAs. Very efficient on squirrel and stray cats at 25yds. The trigger is lousy,but I've read that a good replacement can be had for $30. I think they are a valuable asset for preps. The last stray tom I took was to the head, left side, with lead. When I checked it, the pellet had not exited, but had created a bulge on the opposite side.

WHITEWOLF

New to the site!
Reaction score
The Longrange Airgun Silhouette Shooters' Association (LASSO) shooting targets at 150 yards to 300 yards, Watch the Edgun on youtube shooting eggs at 130 meters.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of $$ are we looking at for those big puffers?

Get on Quackenbush's list ... took me 8 years ... do it, you could get lucky and get one with just waiting 6-8 months.

---------------------

Quackenbush Air Guns
High power airguns suitable for hunting.
Starting at $595.

www.quackenbushairguns.com_index.1.jpg
www.quackenbushairguns.com_Todd_bore.jpg

black bear and a 330 lb. boar taken with a Quackenbush .458 cal. air rifle.

www.quackenbushairguns.com_erickudu.jpg

Airgun hunting in Africa.

http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom