AK Build Class !?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 300

Brother Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[
I know there are folks out there who have purchased kits and had them laying around gathering dust despite their best intentions. I plan on having a future class to help them as well (cost and details TBD). I do NOT have tooling or experience building AMD or Yugo kits and I don't really plan to unless demand is high enough to warrant the cost of the additional tools. I do build Russian, Polish, Egyptian, German, and Bulgarian AKs.

I've NEVER built a rifle that didn't meet 3MOA standard. EVERY rifle I've built or helped someone build has had no problem repeatedly hitting torso size steel target at 300 meters. And no I do not hate M16/M4. I love them too.

PM with any questions or to make arrangements to sign up.[/QUOTE]

When you get this one organized shoot me a pm and I will be there

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shot the Oklahoma Run N Gun with the 7.62 AK Tacmedic helped me build. When we took mine to the range right after building it I was getting groups along the lines of inch and a half. With the sights set up the proper way, (which he will show you how to do) I took it and shot the course, and got all 3 required hits on the 500 yard torso plate. And it wasn't hard, run the slider out to the 500 mark, and that was it. Did that with the magazine as my only support, cheap Brown Bear ammo, plus I was breathing pretty hard.

You won't get that from a $500 AK, but build one right and it will surprise you what it can do.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to second what Mitch said, these built rifles literally go the distance. I shot mine (AKM) at 500 this weekend, as well, and was getting hist with open sights, shooting Wolf WPA ammo. When you leave this class, you will absolutely have a rifle of which you can be proud, & with which you can hit what you see.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
General Class Outline

Some topics will only be discussed in this class, others will be demonstrated, and some will be done by the participants. This is due to time constraints. (i.e. process for building receiver from flats will be discussed, drilling out improper rivets or for de-milling kits will be demonstrated, and steps for building correct AK will be done by participants)

History of Kalashnikov rifle
Models, Variations and correct names

Ballistics

Parts nomenclature and function

Rivets and proper riveting

Assembly of the receiver, proper headspace, and populating the barrel, installing trigger and hammer assembly

Magazine fit and types

Correct zeroing technique and use of AK sights (100m zero using standard Russian zero targets)

Proper care & maintenance and proper use of AK cleaning kit tools

Building tools

Various building techniques using alternative methods and tools

After market options: rails, optics, furniture, trigger groups, muzzle devices

Finish options: parkerizing, krylon, alumahyde, cerakote

Latest posts

Top Bottom