AK Build Party (Interest???)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, I just joined OSA. I have a 6 ton press, spot welder and all the ak-builder tools and jigs. I live in Tulsa and I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in building their own kits since I have over $1k invested in this specialized tooling I would be more than happy to help those interested.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested, but I need to find a kit first. All the usual suspects are sold out except for some of the high dollar Bulgarian (Russian) kits. Even if I don't have a kit of my own, I'd like to attend just to see how everything is done.

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is possible to do in a weekend... even possible for a single long day for a smaller group size. Doesn't have to be in one weekend either we can meet up several times if necessary. I really just want to help spread what I have learned and pay it forward.
I really like the bulgarian ak-74 kits from whatacountry.com with the barrel. They also have polish underfolders and romy g kits, however, these kits require slightly more work to drill the pin slot in the virgin barrels. If we do 47's then i'll have to order the head space gauges, but thats not a big deal. You will also need the receiver flat (I prefer AK-bulder.coms since that is where my bending jig is from). Lastly you will need a tapco g2 trigger assembly and the rivets. All available from ak-builder.com. AK-builder also has kits available for a little more $ since he has already completed driling and pressing all of the barrel parts. Look around and i'll await more feedback before scheduling up something solid.

Almost forgot... you will also need to buy the hammer/trigger pins retainer clip... or e-clips from lows or home depot will work but the retainer clip from ak-builder is only a few bucks and it makes future disassebly/reassembly alot easier. I epoxy paint my receivers but if anyone has parkerizing experience I would love to trade secrets... just a thought

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could provide info on rust bluing. I've done parkerizing as well in the past, but I currently don't have the tanks for it at the moment. What type of epoxy paint have you used?

Oh and I'd be extremely interested in a vz58 build! Would anyone be interested in one as well?

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been interested in a build for a little while now. I don't know if I will have all the parts to do a build when the time comes due, but I would love to come and watch/hangout with you guys. I can even serve beverages if I need to earn my keep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom