AK Build Party (Interest???)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, what do you guys have in mind for heat treating the receivers? The ol' torch and quench, or is there someplace around here that can do a complete heat treat?

EDIT: Oops, I just realized this is in tulsa, D'OH. I probably wouldn't be able to make it. I think some pics or documentation if it happens would be neat though, or some pointers on what to look out for.

Dwaggonner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
New guy here.....Did anything ever come of this Build Party? Also, if you had a chioce between an Bulgy AK74 kit or a Egyption AK47 which would you pick for a build and why?

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just recieved my Egyptian parts kit from Atlantic today and would be very interested in a build party. All I need is a reciever, a barrel, and some more American parts for 922r. I'd like to make my own reciever but I may just get one premade.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This never happened. It was a good thought, but when we tried to get serious and plan a date, no one could make it. It would have been myself with no parts to work on and mullinator79. That's not much of a party.

Jamesconn

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This never happened. It was a good thought, but when we tried to get serious and plan a date, no one could make it. It would have been myself with no parts to work on and mullinator79. That's not much of a party.

Well I don't have any of the parts but I would be interested I can't really give ya a day I could come because my work schedule is always changin. Some day I am off after 2.30 I could come.

I want to build an ak but have no idea where to start I have no tools and I don't want to injure myself.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to build one too. I don't have any parts except a Polish receiver which is not finished and rails which are not installed in it. I have built AR15's but want an AK47. I am retired so can do it anytime. If you get enough interest I might come over.
Let me know.

LeatherDoctor

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to build one. I have been wanting to but didn't wanna go at it alone. I am up for maybe each of us buying a specialty tool or two (jigs and what not) a piece so we wouldn't have to dump so much each. I've got a nice shop in Tulsa I work out of where we could do it

Latest posts

Top Bottom