AK Build Party (Interest???)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's your time frame? I need to scrape together the money to get the kit and barrel if need be and the receiver.

Anyone know if there are any shops in Oklahoma that sell AK kits?

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking in about 1 month to give everyone time to get their stuff together and make plans. Anyone wanting to watch, gopher, cook, shoot the hay or whatever will be welcome. I work out of my 1 car garage so you'll have to be willing to brave any heat or humidity and it will probably spill into my front lawn... sorry Hows about May 14th tentatively/ This will be a loose gathering for fun. I don't want anyone to stress. If you show up missing something or lose or break something, I'll open my garage for you to come back to work on it so don't worry. Anyone with experience is also welcome, I'm only one person so other perspectives and help is desirable.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hows about May 14th tentatively/
Ho Ho! My boss just today gave me the 14th off, probably the first time I've had a Saturday off since New Year's Weekend! :w000t:

Even if I don't have anything to build, I'll still show up just to see how it's all done and lend a hand with anything if necessary. (I'll probably bring my Bulgy 74 and grab a scope mount to put on it though just to have something to work on).

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys should get together with saltydecimator: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?106667-free-parkerizing-offer!!!

I have always thought it would be fun to build an AK with a parts kit, but I will probably just end up converting a Saiga for my next one... and even that isn't really at the top of my to-do list.

But if you get a park tank out there, I might show up with some M-14 parts... or hell I might just come bring some brewskis and hang out with some fellow gun guys. I'm new to town and need to make some friends!! :)

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update to the date... just found out about my company picnic is on May 14th so I won't be available until the afternoon 12 or 1ish. So if everyone is cool with it we can either work until late evening the 14th and follow up on Sunday the 15th or reschedule for May 21st. I'm flexible and open to suggestions. The 28th is my wedding anniversary, so in an attempt to keep free of bodily harm, that date is off the table. Somebody should give the parker guy a pm (I'm just an OSA newb)... Maybe we could complete the rifles and take them to his place another weekend? Unless its not to troublesome for him to mobilize the equipment... thinking out loud

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_0093.jpg
Wet you chops with one of my buildsIMG_0091.jpg

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What type of epoxy paint do you use?

PJ1 Fast Black - It's a motorcycle frame and engine case paint. I get it from Cycle Gear here locally in tulsa for about $8 a can. That receiver I did the rivets with a modified bolt cutter. Does the job but it puts indentations (lines) in the heads. I now have ak-builder's rivet tool which makes them look perfect like "straight from the communist block with love!" I did the rail welds with a mig... drilled holes thru the reciever then puddle welded but I now have a spot welder to get the "factory bb gun indentations". Basically I have the correct tools to make everything perfect! Its a sickness, I just couldn't settle for it'll work. I'm more of a "that looks perfect" kinda guy. I kept on seeing build parties in other states but I had to teach myself all this stuff and read more how to's, youtube videos and trial and error than you can shake a stick at. So I was doing ccl and reloading classes with some cool dudes here in tulsa at Oklahoma Sport Shooting, Stephen and Jeff Cue and I got onto the subject of how I build my own ak's and they mentioned they had kits they hadn't put together. I was like I got all these tools I'd be glad for you to use them... begging people to make my tool purchases worth while. They mentioned people on this forum would jump over each other at the oppotunity... so here I am. HELP ME HELP YOU! seriously, I love this stuff and I'm looking forward to meeting people who know how and have the means to do things I don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom