AK Build Party (Interest???)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May the 14th. around 12:00 noon, and possibly fininsh any loose ends on Sunday the 15th. He posted it on the 2nd page.

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay I have 2 major issues I have been quarreling with. 1st, it's going to be tough for me to make 10/14/11 work due to other obligations. I would really like to see if everyone can consider 10/21/11. 2nd, my wife is having issues with having people over at our house that I have not met before and she thinks that I am crazy for being okay with it. I would like to see if anyone can donate a build location for us? I will still transport and provide all of the necessary tooling in my truck. All we really need is 110v electrical outlets and some space.

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a ak i am intersted in putting a scope rail on the receiver, do u have drawing for where to mount it thanks

If it is an ak rail it shouldn't require a template or drawing that I know of... Typically the 1st hole of the scope rail shares the front rivet of the rear trunion, then with calipers you measure the top of the rail to make sure it is parallel with the top of the receivever then drill and rivet the other 2 holes. It may require a longer rivet for the shared rivet with the trunion. Be sure you have the required rivets. I don't think the rest poses any issue.

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want to try tackling a re-weld at some point. Have you ever done one of those mullinator79 ?

Do you have a reason to suspect your welds are failing? The only reason I'm asking is I wouldn't feel comfortable welding over the old welds becase the metal in that area would be thinner. Basically you would have to weld in between or beside all of the original welds. Would it function correctly? Absolutely. But if you like it to look correct with 4-5 spot welds you may not like the way it looks when you get 8 or 9 total welds in there. Honestly there is no real pressure to speak of on the rails as they are essentially just a guide for the bolt. If you can't pry them away from the receiver with mild pressure from a screwdriver then they are adequate welds (in my opinion). If you want to weld over the existing welds I would suggest drilling a hole thru the existing welds (all the way thru the receiver and the rails) then put a copper backing on one side and puddle weld it with a mig. Honestly, creating more welds is the easiest thing... If it were me, I would spend $40 on a new receiver flat and rivets and just remake the entire receiver. I have the spot welder if all you want to do is add the spot welds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom