AK Build Party (Interest???)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
"60-65 hours of work from start to finish"... eff that. No seriously I weld alot for hobby (self taught) and I couldn't dare to attempt that. Part of the reason I wanted to start building ak's was to replicate the simplicity of the design. I really like the stamped/riveted, mass produced, low per unit production cost of a loose tolerence rifle that the original ak was originally designed to be. I'm not saying that a milled receiver ak is not cool, merely that it doesn't personally trip my trigger. Thanks for the link tho, very interesting. I do want to get a milling machine so that I can do 80% AR15 receivers. In my head that rifle and milled receiver go together.

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Date is pending. I can supply every tool necessary, but the wife won't let me hold it at my house as I stated in a previous post. As soon as someone offers a gathering place I would say we are in business.

minman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would really be interested in doing this as well. I have a few questions. I'm assuming you are wanting to do this in the Tulsa area. What parts/materials are needed to complete these? Where do you purchase them from? What would the cost be in completing it? How many hours? Sorry about all the questions.

Thanks.

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa or OKC, makes no diference to me, just need someone to supply a build location. Time is probably 8 to 16 hours. Cost depends on the kit... Romy G's, Bulgarian 74's and polish underfolders can all be gotten for a little under $300 from www.whatacountry.com. Another good source is www.ak-builder.com

You need:
an ak kit with barrel
receiver flat with rails
build rivets
center support rivet
g2 trigger assembly (counts as 3 u.s. parts towards 922R)
4 additional u.s. made parts for 922R compliance (furniture, magazine parts, gas piston are the most common substitutes)

I would budget for $350-$375 to do a complete rifle.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bunch of people at a build party doing virgin barrel builds AND flats would take forever. I might be able to help out with extra build tools and stuff but I don't really know my schedule that far in advance. As for location, good luck. You should also make people buy their own drill bits and punches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom