AK Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Century C39, V2, and RAS47 are showing signs of problems with their cast parts. Don't know if it was a bad batch or what, and its hard to tell at this point whether Century screwed the pooch or Not. Century isn't saying a whole lot about it either.

Most of the problems seem to be showing up between the 1k and 2k rounds mark. I have a rAS47 with 950 thru it and am worried about it and keeping an eye on mine.

I have heard that the same company supplies the cast parts for DDI but havnt heard anything bad cropping up in DDI rifles so who knows the extent

Jim Fuller, Rifle Dynamics, had commented on this issue previously.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237240

img.photobucket.com_albums_v639_gibsonsg0005_353EC6FC_C8DE_4663_934C_049D4DAABC8C.jpg

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone here installed the ALG trigger?

I haven't installed one but I've shot one. If you haven't shot a rifle with one installed yet, spoiler alert: It is NOT a conscript's trigger. That thing is liiiiight, so just be aware. I ordered one months ago when ALG was running a blowout sale, and before I had tried one at the range. I still haven't installed it.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I haven't installed one but I've shot one. If you haven't shot a rifle with one installed yet, spoiler alert: It is NOT a conscript's trigger. That thing is liiiiight, so just be aware. I ordered one months ago when ALG was running a blowout sale, and before I had tried one at the range. I still haven't installed it.

Yeah, that was kind of my concern. People seem to love them but I'm not so sure about the light trigger pull... But then agan, finger on the trigger only when you want to destroy ****, right? haha I'd really like to feel one and see how the reset is.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Okay, stamped vs milled... Thoughts? I may be changing gears and moving away from the C39 V2 as my next one to another imported stamped model. I was a bit stuck on the idea of a milled rifle for no reason except for the alleged bump in accuracy... But when it really comes down to it, what I'm interested in is 300 yards steel targets. I know stamped can do that... I also do like the the clean look of the milled receivers too... But, well, we'll see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom