Alabama or Georgia?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will never understand these pro sports figures, celebrities, or any public figure... When they are victorious, it's always, "I thank God for doing this for me!" Not to mention point to the sky, as if to say "You rock God". 90% of the ones who says this, I'm sure have never set foot in a church, or can even spell Bible. These are also the same people who talk down Trump, law enforcement, and really any authority figure, not to mention saying that everyone in the world who doesn't have their thoughts are just stupid. Not saying it's bad to say a personal silent prayer, or a "Thank you Lord" in private.

I really doubt the God we have heard of our whole life, has anything to do with picking a select few humans, who most have never prayed or even been to church, most do nothing but spend their entire life doing drugs, committing crimes, starting fights, raping women, and everything the Bible tells you NOT to do. But says, "Oh I think this person is a good candidate to make a complete fool out of himself in public and private, so I will bless them with never needing to pay for anything, an endless supply of money, many have unearned, fully funded, college educations, and have his path laid out for him, all the way to the end."

While the rest of the world has to work their butts off to get what they have, which for most is just living paycheck to paycheck. Then there are people, who are much better people, end up being hit by a drunk or high driver, shot by a freak in church, or children being shot in schools, children and women being raped, beaten, and murdered when all they do is try to live their own lives... Does this mean God says, "These people are in church, praising me, these women are defenseless, and the children have not even had time to make real mistakes yet, veterans who suffer from injuries or illnesses that tend to make society push them to homelessness, well these folks deserve nothing, we can do without them."

Not saying I'm a religious person, but I just feel lucky to have a lovely woman who will put up with me, and most of all, 3 healthy kids. I have no doubt, no higher power is looking out for me, if he were I'd be a gozillianaire! LOL, didn't mean to get on a soap box, but we all have pet-peeves, this is just one of mine.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will never understand these pro sports figures, celebrities, or any public figure... When they are victorious, it's always, "I thank God for doing this for me!" Not to mention point to the sky, as if to say "You rock God". 90% of the ones who says this, I'm sure have never set foot in a church, or can even spell Bible. These are also the same people who talk down Trump, law enforcement, and really any authority figure, not to mention saying that everyone in the world who doesn't have their thoughts are just stupid. Not saying it's bad to say a personal silent prayer, or a "Thank you Lord" in private.

I really doubt the God we have heard of our whole life, has anything to do with picking a select few humans, who most have never prayed or even been to church, most do nothing but spend their entire life doing drugs, committing crimes, starting fights, raping women, and everything the Bible tells you NOT to do. But says, "Oh I think this person is a good candidate to make a complete fool out of himself in public and private, so I will bless them with never needing to pay for anything, an endless supply of money, many have unearned, fully funded, college educations, and have his path laid out for him, all the way to the end."

While the rest of the world has to work their butts off to get what they have, which for most is just living paycheck to paycheck. Then there are people, who are much better people, end up being hit by a drunk or high driver, shot by a freak in church, or children being shot in schools, children and women being raped, beaten, and murdered when all they do is try to live their own lives... Does this mean God says, "These people are in church, praising me, these women are defenseless, and the children have not even had time to make real mistakes yet, veterans who suffer from injuries or illnesses that tend to make society push them to homelessness, well these folks deserve nothing, we can do without them."

Not saying I'm a religious person, but I just feel lucky to have a lovely woman who will put up with me, and most of all, 3 healthy kids. I have no doubt, no higher power is looking out for me, if he were I'd be a gozillianaire! LOL, didn't mean to get on a soap box, but we all have pet-peeves, this is just one of mine.

JEBUS man, you ok?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
turned into a much better game than it started as. I'd still have liked to see Georgia do it, but hats off to Bama's QB. True freshman, brought in down 13 in the 2nd half of the national championship game... pretty impressive.

The coaches film room was great to watch (and probably the only reason i watched the 2nd half). I don't think i'd ever heard Gundy outside of a press conference, though it was far easier to take him seriously when i wasn't looking at his ridiculous hair.

I can't decide if Bama's kicker is going to be happy he has a ring, or if it will always remind him of his bad miss (especially since he didn't get a chance to redeem himself)

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah,....well, Alabama smells.!

Would've loved to have paired up with Bama. Gotdamn they get to the ball quick though. I miss the old Oklahoma that could open field tackle or hell... even plug the gaps.

I look for an 8-4 team next year. Lots of upper classmen lost on the Defensive side means young'ens again. No Baker Mayfield, back to Average Joe QB, AND the Mike Stoops "bend as far as you can, but hopefully don't break" defense.

They start off the season with (2) ten win teams (FAU & Army) AND the UCLA offense ran by Chip Kelly, plus Iowa State @ Iowa. I got a feeling folks will be ready to burn Mike Stoops at the stake by game 5..

Latest posts

Top Bottom