All Steelfingers range results will only be here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.5-.75 for 5 rounds consistently is pretty damn good. And way better than you were doing.
Thanks. I appreciate that. Still trying to get better and that's why I want to see if this was just a magic moment. I'm getting very comfortable behind the rifle and finding my spot and consistent mechanics. Anxious to see how consistent this consistency stays. Picked up some more of the same ammo and will try it again in the next few days. I'll (and I will post the targets good or bad) see then, if I can keep it up.
I'm still very raw at learning distance/accuracy shooting and you guys have really helped (gals too).
I have my ar zeroed at 50 yards so it's hold under at 100 and drills steel at 300. Will be shooting it out 600 soon.
I think I'll keep it at 50 zero unless I get better advice. Using a 1.5x4 scope pig plex Leup.
Thanks again for the compliment and let's just see if I can keep it up. Hope to get in the ability range of some of the folks here (at some point).

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to me if you want to make sure it is you and not the ammo, you need to start reloading. Factory ammo is good for hunting but being mass produced it is inconsistent. If you are only shooting 6.5 cm for accuracy you could get the stuff to do so pretty cheap!!
But let me warn you, reloading does not save you money!! If anyone tells you different they are full of the bullchit. All it did for me was get me shooting more bullets!!:cool: Which is good with me!!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to me if you want to make sure it is you and not the ammo, you need to start reloading. Factory ammo is good for hunting but being mass produced it is inconsistent. If you are only shooting 6.5 cm for accuracy you could get the stuff to do so pretty cheap!!
But let me warn you, reloading does not save you money!! If anyone tells you different they are full of the bullchit. All it did for me was get me shooting more bullets!!:cool: Which is good with me!!
Ha. That is exactly what I'm planning to start doing but wanted to work on my skill set first. Using the same factory ammo and grain will get me shooting as well as I can (still got room....lots of room) then I'll buy the equipment and develop load(s).

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get into reloading pretty cheap. Even with spot on consistent loads, just a difference of .2 grains of powder out of 40 grains can be the difference between a .5moa or a 1.5 moa gun. My buddies Predator in 243 with bthp 105gr is extremely sensitive to load variations. Im not trying to talk you into it. Reloading is a pain in the ass.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can get into reloading pretty cheap. Even with spot on consistent loads, just a difference of .2 grains of powder out of 40 grains can be the difference between a .5moa or a 1.5 moa gun. My buddies Predator in 243 with bthp 105gr is extremely sensitive to load variations. Im not trying to talk you into it. Reloading is a pain in the ass.
Might be a pain but it looks interesting as heck. Have done a few with my buddy that has a great set up. Collecting brass so I will have enough to screw up with.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've given thought to reloading, But the pedal to the metal person I am, it would rob more time from the better half which would not be in my best interest.. Otherwise I'd be all over it, a buddy was trying to encourage me and I said would you like to talk to her, he decided he'd leave it alone..

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quick lunch break and ran to range with 6.5 ruger creed. Wanted to see if I've kept whatever improvement from the weekend and I'm very happy.
Wanted to shoot more but after setting up target and gear (with very little time) I was only able to shoot two groups of 4 (8 rounds total).
Pic one is the first 4 rounds with the two off a bit was totally on my breathing.
Pic two shows the follow up 4 shots group.
I'm pleased. All hits off were on me and I knew it when I pulled the trigger.
I'm thrilled I'm getting consistent.
This was the same ammo I used Sunday at 100 yards with light wind off of bag.
ada 4 rnds 100yds.JPG

ada 2nd 4 rounds 100yds.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom