All Steelfingers range results will only be here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Range update 8/7/17.
Was tinkering with my rap and decided to reposition the scope for better eye relief. Level was way off. Might be the problem I've been having. Leveled the scope and changed eye relief.
Today, I was near an outdoor range and it was lunch so I ran out and set up a target at 100.
First shots were mixed ammunition (had a full box of 129 grain and 4 rounds of mixed grains loose in my bag) and just wanted to get an idea of how much I needed to zero.
Here's the results in no particular order. The first pic has the lower right first shots. The rest you can tell the adjustments on the scope and then good ones are the zero before I left.

Ada 1 low right.JPG
Ada three right.JPG
Ada 4 left.JPG
Ada 5 center.JPG
Ada 2 lower.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found this mag mod from CDI precision.
Pros: Great factory like fit
Mag Mod 1 (640x427).jpg
Mag Mod 2 (640x427).jpg

Cons: a.Factory stock has to be modified and it takes 3 weeks.
b. Lose aluminum trigger guard I just put on that looks great.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude I posted that twice
Thanks......TWICE! Ha!
Talked to one of the owners today, emailed him yesterday. Sent me these pics and it looks really good. Thanks because I was looking for a place that made the mods for the RAP without moding the bolt.
No one seemed to make one for the RAP 6.5 till now.
Hate losing my aluminum trigger guard. Figure I will take the catch/trigger and mags to the guy in Yukon to paint to match something.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks......TWICE! Ha!
Talked to one of the owners today, emailed him yesterday. Sent me these pics and it looks really good. Thanks because I was looking for a place that made the mods for the RAP without moding the bolt.
No one seemed to make one for the RAP 6.5 till now.
Hate losing my aluminum trigger guard. Figure I will take the catch/trigger and mags to the guy in Yukon to paint to match something.
Are you talking about 6.5 bolts being compatible with ASICs magazines?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about 6.5 bolts being compatible with ASICs magazines?
The AI fit perfect and they make it to fit the AI 308. That's what LSS Chassis take for the RAP 6.5. I was under the impression if you wanted the ASIC's the bolt had to have a mod as well as more mod on the stock.
They claim this takes AI's like in the picture.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jeff emailed me again on the stock. 3 week turn around but I have a brother in law down there now and going to see if a rush order would let him pick it up and bring back in a week.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The AI fit perfect and they make it to fit the AI 308. That's what LSS Chassis take for the RAP 6.5. I was under the impression if you wanted the ASIC's the bolt had to have a mod as well as more mod on the stock.
They claim this takes AI's like in the picture.
Id definitely prefer the Magpul, Much cheaper

Latest posts

Top Bottom