All this hating on Remington 700s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My software must be broke ... it says something like 3+ MOA ... :(

i41.tinypic.com_seyc9k.jpg

Oh yeah, 100 yard "I shoot sub-MOA all day long" challenge PART 2 is back up on Snipers Hide:
http://forum.snipershide.com/sniper...yard-bolt-action-6group-30round-shootout.html

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a oef oif vet who had the .30 cal necklace on tell me something interesting about sub moa guns, he could hand a true state of the art sub moa rifle to a standard infantryman and it's not guaranteed to deliver sub moa groups for that solder. Whatever you have sub moa or not you got to spend some time sitting behind it.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a M-40,a AAC-SD (I think that's what it's called),a AAC Micro 7,and a PLT. All have been very accurate out to 100 yds. Our 300 yd range isn't finished yet but,when it is I'll see what they'll do at 300 yds. So far most of them will out shoot my SSG-69.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All my 700s shoot sub MOA at 200 yards...including my $350 ADLs. I've only shot my PSS past that and it held MOA fine. This Brand X vs. Brand Y stuff is a waste of time. It's the indian not the arrow. Buy a good gun, work up a good load and spend a bunch of time behind the trigger.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All my 700s shoot sub MOA at 200 yards...including my $350 ADLs. I've only shot my PSS past that and it held MOA fine. This Brand X vs. Brand Y stuff is a waste of time. It's the indian not the arrow. Buy a good gun, work up a good load and spend a bunch of time behind the trigger.

Cooper is no better than Remington? Surgeon, GAP, Accuracy International are all on par with Marlin, Winchester, Savage, etc...? Why would people competing at a high level waste their money on anything more expensive than a Stevens?

I would consider all of the names I mentioned to produce "good" guns, but some are better than others. Brand X and Brand Y should always be part of the decision making process when purchasing / building a new rifle.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the remington finish. It rusts very very easily. My 700 AAC-SD I had back in 2010 would outshoot me. But, I didnt have it for very long and I never shot it outside 100 yards.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cooper is no better than Remington? Surgeon, GAP, Accuracy International are all on par with Marlin, Winchester, Savage, etc...? Why would people competing at a high level waste their money on anything more expensive than a Stevens?

I would consider all of the names I mentioned to produce "good" guns, but some are better than others. Brand X and Brand Y should always be part of the decision making process when purchasing / building a new rifle.

And is always part of the bragging contests...

Latest posts

Top Bottom