All this hating on Remington 700s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Really! Did somone here want to stand behind a cnbc report about a firearm.
The only time that was a issue is when people tried to do a diy trigger job on Remingtons older style triggers. They adjusted the internal set screw incorrectly and then failed to run their firearm through a standard set of saftey test anyone should do after any trigger job.

Remington put a nice video response together

Last edited:

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
People can believe anything they want to but when I see anything from CNBC I know it will be BS. As for Remington and Savage, I own hunting rifles in both brands and like the way they shoot.Which is better?, is only fodder for more threads

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cooper is no better than Remington? Surgeon, GAP, Accuracy International are all on par with Marlin, Winchester, Savage, etc...? Why would people competing at a high level waste their money on anything more expensive than a Stevens?

I would consider all of the names I mentioned to produce "good" guns, but some are better than others. Brand X and Brand Y should always be part of the decision making process when purchasing / building a new rifle.

The thread is about people hating on stock Remington rifles. Of course a custom rifle is going to have better fitting and a greater potential for accuracy at longer ranges. But you're comparing apples to oranges. My point is stock Remington rifles are good guns. So is a stock Savage or Winchester etc. None are on the same level as a custom stick.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I should have specified better...I.e. stock/production vs. semi custom vs. full house custom. Either way, an in stock GAP isn't on the same level as a stock Remington, Savage etc....which is why you don't see a GAP at Wal-Mart etc....and why you can't really compare them. I think the points been made.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I should have specified better...I.e. stock/production vs. semi custom vs. full house custom. Either way, an in stock GAP isn't on the same level as a stock Remington, Savage etc....which is why you don't see a GAP at Wal-Mart etc....and why you can't really compare them. I think the points been made.

There are Colts at Walmart. I see your point now.
Remingtons are like Toyotas, they are more expensive than budget but better than most, and damn reliable with a few exceptions.