Alright.. who here has done it besides Swampratt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Used .357 bullets in their 9mm loads?

I have a box of 125gr .357 copper plated bullets for sale in the classifieds but was wondering who’s used them for 9mm. I hear some Glock barrels actually slug larger than .357 so there’s a possibility that .357 may be more accurate.

I’ve searched around on other sites and it seems like there’s a few people that strictly use .357 bullets for .380,9mm, and 38spl loads.

What say ye, OSA?

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made up a dummy round in the past with a lead 158rn from the RCBS 38-158-RN mold, but the long body of the boolit and the short internally tapered case of the 9mm did not fit together well.

So the oal was too long to even chamber

Last edited:

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guilty, I had 2k 125grn 38 plated bullets that I probably would never use being I only have one 357mag revolver. So I was messing around in the reloading room contemplating selling them but said let's just find out if I can use them. Reloaded 10 rounds took the G19 and shot all of them with no issues. Don't do it very often but they work. Reloaded probably 1k over the past couple of years when ammo and components were hard to get.

Latest posts

Top Bottom