Always wanted one of these

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spoke many times with my Japanese friend, Kaz, about these blades. Ancestral blades sell in the range of prime real estate in Japan. He is on the board of Directors at Sony and can't begin to afford one.

And here we thought making a thumb safetly on a 1911, or fitting a barrel, to be hard and time consuming

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke many times with my Japanese friend, Kaz, about these blades. Ancestral blades sell in the range of prime real estate in Japan. He is on the board of Directors at Sony and can't begin to afford one.

And here we thought making a thumb safetly on a 1911, or fitting a barrel, to be hard and time consuming

Not sure what level this is at but there is going to be a blade cutting competition in Ponca City in the near future.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10, maybe 15 years back there was a PBS show about some really old fellow, a sword smith, whom the japanese government declared to be a national living treasure. he made blades in the same manner, but i don't think it was this guy in the video

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a beautiful blade, and process. I enjoy seeing a master craftsman strut his stuff. This also reminds me of why "Forged in Fire" is one of my favorite TV shows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom