Ammo Going Up Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To my understanding, the United States no longer has any primary lead smelters. Those are the ones that process it from oar if I understand correctly. The last primary lead smelter was shuttered in 2013 under Obomination. Thanks to the EPA

There are still some secondary lead smelters that are used for recycling old lead like what’s in automobile batteries

The EPA being used by the Democrats is really putting this country in a compromised position. No longer having the ability to make lead for bullets puts our country in Dangerous position with the world.
That is exactly right !!

Wojownik

Zawsze gotowy Zawsze blisko
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
After what happened during Covid with reloading supplies and ammo I stocked up recently when things came back. Gun owners who actually shoot and are paying attention should be pretty well stocked. Heck I’m tempted to go ahead and grab up some more before November

Always cracks me up when non shooters think 1000rnds is a craaazy amount of ammo. Hell for some people that’s only a handful of range days.
I agree, 1k rounds is not much at all. I have a minimum stock level for reordering, and do so when needed. The cheaper I can get it the better, but at the end of the day I get what I need when I need it. I will order more when I think ammo prices will increase for whatever reason just to be safe because….better safe than sorry. I’m not a mind reader or a psychic but previous years experience in what happens during certain periods such as elections does have a little bit of influence.

Last edited:

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides possible long-range shortages of materials driving potential ammo price increases, not sure what impact this Tues. Oct. 1 may have on short term if ports shut down? Not just limited to ammo either but several things, such as gasoline, food, prices, etc?
With domestic crude largely pipelined but imported crude setting along Texas Gulf coast in tankers, shortages may result also driving price increases.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides possible long-range shortages of materials driving potential ammo price increases, not sure what impact this Tues. Oct. 1 may have on short term if ports shut down? Not just limited to ammo either but several things, such as gasoline, food, prices, etc?
With domestic crude largely pipelined but imported crude setting along Texas Gulf coast in tankers, shortages may result also driving price increases.
Oil is a commodity, so its pricing is just flat out screwy. It dictates gas prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom