Ammo Sightings--Lawton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has posted about it yet, but i went by academy in lawton for the first time today and they have A LOT of ammo. looked like the had ammo for pretty much any caliber, but of course there is the one box per caliber limit. they have a table set up over near the end of the registers by the fishing stuff and it looked like all the popular ammo (.22, .223, .40, .45, 9mm, etc.) they had set up there was one box limit. not sure about all the other ammo over by the gun section though. oh yea and a lot of guns as well. quite a few AR's and everything else.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was in Academy yesterday looking around. I literally sat back and laughed at some of the people in line buying ammo, it looked like kids at a candy counter not knowing what to get. Many were trying to decide what would resell the best, was asking questions what that round does, is that defensive ammo etc. It was entertaining to watch them with dreams of getting rich from a quick resale.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was in Academy yesterday looking around. I literally sat back and laughed at some of the people in line buying ammo, it looked like kids at a candy counter not knowing what to get. Many were trying to decide what would resell the best, was asking questions what that round does, is that defensive ammo etc. It was entertaining to watch them with dreams of getting rich from a quick resale.

I was snickering also. Some guy came up and wanted three boxes of 223 (20 rounds each).
The guy said, one to a customer.
Customer said "well, they said I could get three if I was buying a rifle."
Oh, well in that case, here you go!!

If I'd have really needed 223 I might have been tempted to say "me too."

Dave

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Odd, I was in Academy yesterday too for a little bit and I was laughing at some dude who was sitting back and laughing at ammo buyers...I was thinking what kind of weirdo gets his jollies doing that? j/k

BTW - was in the Norman Academy on Saturday and they had almost nothing in the way of ammo in common pistol calibers. I think they internally hoarded and stripped other stores bare to have something in stock for the Lawton opening - my guess is that they will "run out" in the next week or two and return to the trickle that has become our "new reality".

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"well you have to push this button to put the bullets in this part, and then you click this to move the slide if there aren't any bullets in the other part, unless there's already one and then it will come out, then you click this and it lets you pull this back to put another bullet in..." (Academy employee explaining the operation of the pump gun to a kid at the counter).

... felt too sorry for the customer to laugh at him.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Academy DOES pull stock from other stores to make sure a GRAND OPENING is well stocked.

2. The idiots / hoarders / resellers are out there. Don't like them ( me either), but you aren't forced to buy in ftf sell at inflated prices.

The situation is getting better. 10pm WM NW had boxes of 7.62x39 still on the shelf.

Just received my Sportsman Guide order. Good stock of .223, .357, .45 ACP. They are even listing ammo in the catalog again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom