AMT .45 Magnum Magazine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to use the search feature first , guys, but no result. A co-worker hit me up today, as the gun guy, as to the availability of a magazine to fit this caliber pistol. I don't know where. He said AMT was bought by High Standard. That was news to me. The last time I heard of such a pistol, It was depicted in some 1980's cop movie with Sam Elliot. He was playing the part of a grizzled, hairy faced veteran plainclothes cop, helping a crusading assistant DA ferret out corrupt, murdering, dope dealing cops on his department. The co-worker did'nt ask the important question, was this mag worth finding and paying for? Did AMT ever make a pistol that was'nt a POS jam-o -matic?Any personal knowledge out there about this?

slimjlm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
He has a AutoMag VI, and I haven't seen magazines for a long time, but Gun parts corp has mag bodies with bases for $26. Might be worth finding a spring and follower that can be modified and used.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shot a automag in a 30 carbine. I thought it was fine. No jams functioned perfect. I also owned an amt hardballer and it functioned fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom