An afternoon with some Swedes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is indeed some nice figuring! I hadn't noticed it when I first saw your Swedes "before." Beautiful striping there :) Were you able to get the nose piece on your M94 to match the coloring of the rest of the metal, or did you leave it "as is"? I can't tell in the one pic.

Speaking of FSR M96's and M41B's; I'd need the latter to try and find that gong out at 800 yards. Never knew it was there :doh:

i738.photobucket.com_albums_xx29_Perplexed0_Misc_Trio_Swedes.jpg

I hope the gong is still there. I can't immagine why it would be removed...doesn't require maintainance.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sweden has lots of cheese, but nobody can pronounce any of them.

Blå Gotland (Gotland Blue)
Grevé
Herrgårdsost
Hushållsost
Prästost
Svecia
Västerbottensost

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is indeed some nice figuring! I hadn't noticed it when I first saw your Swedes "before." Beautiful striping there :) Were you able to get the nose piece on your M94 to match the coloring of the rest of the metal, or did you leave it "as is"? I can't tell in the one pic.

Speaking of FSR M96's and M41B's; I'd need the latter to try and find that gong out at 800 yards. Never knew it was there :doh:

i738.photobucket.com_albums_xx29_Perplexed0_Misc_Trio_Swedes.jpg

Really nice! Back in the mid '90s, I had a M38, and then a M96, then a sporterized M38. They were relatively cheap and available back then, and you could find good ammo for them. I suppose I thought that they would always be relatively cheap and available, because I got rid of all of them. Anyway, really nice Swedes you have there--enjoy them!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really nice! Back in the mid '90s, I had a M38, and then a M96, then a sporterized M38. They were relatively cheap and available back then, and you could find good ammo for them. I suppose I thought that they would always be relatively cheap and available, because I got rid of all of them. Anyway, really nice Swedes you have there--enjoy them!

Thanks. I got into the Swedish stuff fairly recently; I remember going to the local gun shows about 10-12 years ago and seeing battle packs of the Prickskytte ammo stacked up on dealer tables. Along with Swiss GP-11 and Lake City 30-06, all pretty cheap. How I wish I'd bought all I could afford at that time! :grumble:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Your FSRs and M41 kill me, btw!

I had Don Franson age the repro nose cap to match the barrel band and it looks great. He also turned down the barrel extension to pre-import length. But as luck would have it, an original nose cap showed up on eBay about 2 weeks later so I snagged it. I have a thread somewhere on here of the post-restoration photos. I'll see if I can find it.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your FSRs and M41 kill me, btw!

I had Don Franson age the repro nose cap to match the barrel band and it looks great. He also turned down the barrel extension to pre-import length. But as luck would have it, an original nose cap showed up on eBay about 2 weeks later so I snagged it. I have a thread somewhere on here of the post-restoration photos. I'll see if I can find it.

I wouldn't be too quick to be "killed" if I were you - your M94 is quite a grab for what you paid, and with that sling, striping, AND stock disk, and an authentic nose piece, I'm a bit envious myself :P Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Latest posts

Top Bottom