1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

And ATF does it again. Sorry for Tommy Built owners

Discussion in 'Firearms Chat' started by PBramble, Feb 15, 2021.

1. cjjtulsa

cjjtulsa Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    They will absolutely issue risky orders over a political agenda - see the current "red flag laws" that are being enforced around the country. They know most people don't want to go down the road of defending their rights the old fashioned way - yet.

As for here in Oklahoma, it was the Oklahoma National Guard that did much of the confiscating in the suburbs (read that SAFE areas) of New Orleans after Katrina; I guess didn't have the balls to try it downtown where the REAL action was taking place, so they picked on the peaceful suburbanites just protecting themselves and their property. LEOs and military will do exactly as they're told - the bluster about "I'll refuse orders" from either of them is about as likely as the army of overweight 50-somethings in Hoverrounds kicking off the boogaloo. Certainly some may turn in their badges, but most will be at the front doors of law-abiding citizens, like it was just another warrant for anything else. It's the local sheriffs departments where the people might have an ally. But many of the local municipal blue line club - and possibly state troopers - will follow orders, just like the Stasi, NKVD, and Gestapo before them, as will most in the military. People are people, and history repeats. The United States isn't special in that regard - especially since the U.S. is now just "the United States in Name Only".

Rez Exelon, Judi, saltydog and 3 others like this.
  2. Forgalspop

Forgalspop Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Exactly!

3. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I didn't want to believe they'd send regular TPD out to restaurants to check on mask and distancing compliance, yet they did.

D. Hargrove likes this.
  4. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    So far, all I’ve seen is the link from the website stating what ATF told the manufacturer. Is there an actual letter from ATF or are they acting on what they were told?

easy likes this.
  5. Slim Deal

Slim Deal Sharpshooter

Absolute truth. I recall reading that during the Revolutionary War only 3% responded to England's attempt to confiscate US weaponry. They were a very tricky 3% though.

6. The Duke

The Duke Marksman

Rating
    100%
    I was in NOLA with the OKARNG during Katrina and we did not do this. I was in wards 5 and 8 specifically and never had orders to confiscate firearms from law abiding citizens. I have some stories, but this specific statement is false in my experience. Now, if you are bunkered up on a roof and shooting at patrolling military...different story (happened).

DavidMcMillan likes this.
  7. HiredHand

HiredHand Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I truly hope that the owners of those rifles get some legal counsel and go after the ATF to get this decision reversed. Allowing the ATF to arbitrarily classify a recover into a machine gun is bad stuff.

8. HiredHand

HiredHand Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  9. okie98

okie98 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Probably see more of this sort of thing very soon!

10. saltydog

saltydog Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    History says “it’s going to get worse”
    :coffee2:
    People love power, America is just geography....