Anderson AM-15 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one in a trade and noticed when I got it home that the barrel is not centered in the rail. The rail is indexed correctly with the receiver but the barrel or rail is off 1/8” left to right. The rail has two sets of screws on the right, left and bottom that screw into a barrel nut. I have loosened all of them and tried to straighten it out with no luck. If I get it close they it isn’t indexed correctly.

I know it isn’t a huge deal if you run an optic but I would at least like to have it zeroed with irons and being that far out I doubt it would be zeroed very far.

Any ideas? Receiver needs lapping? I haven’t had an AR in a while so I would like to get this fixed or sell it.

Thanks

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've not run into this, I'd be more suspect of the rail than the barrel or receiver, but it could be someone torqued the upper so hard they warped it. I think this is why Geissele (and others) came out with their upper tool, to prevent this. Allows you to use the barrel extension as your reference point to tighten the barrel nut instead of the aluminum upper receiver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom