Another Insurance Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All these complaints about an insurance company has the same or more good experiences with same company. Your best thing to do is shop as many different companies that you can stand. If my State Farm gets out of whack at any renewal I will check with at least a dozen and switch. Its takes a lot of time and hard to keep up with but well worth it.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Am shopping against State Farm. Allstate beats them by about $750 a year. Shelter was about $1200 more a year. Going check USAA. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Art
I had Shelter for years- major crash in 2003- paid off great- major hail in 2013 when tornado hit in El Reno- had 2 houses as I was in the middle of rehabbing one in the country to move into and the other in town I had under contract, and two cars with hail damage. Paid off better than expected and covered me well. Then there was a tornado in Moore that year. Rates began hiking like crazy. I hated to leave but they went up on me $1500 on homeowners alone. Changed to Liberty Mutual and had great rates in the country, but when we wanted to move back into town in 2018- their rates were terrible. I now have and independent agent who has me with Homesite - I had never heard of them, but he claims they have the best rates and coverage for the money.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took AAA over USAA duie toa $1000 increase in premiums. When I went to renew, USAA was the same as AAA so I returned to USAA. I had a ha9l claim with USAA and they actually looked for things to pay for. I had a cheap vinyl cover on my grill -I think it cost $15 and USAA paid $55. USAA is just easier to deal with and quicker to appear on scene.

Wojownik

Zawsze gotowy Zawsze blisko
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had State Farm for many years. I’ve checked around every few years or so, but from my experience, State Farm has been the cheapest every time. I’ve never had any issues with them personally. They’ve paid out without issues when needed. I’ll keep checking every so often, but my rates haven’t increased to speak of, and I have yet to have a reason to leave them. Everyone has a different experience, but mine has been good so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom