Another Kydex project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I needed some mag holders for some STI 2011 mags. I could either buy some or try to make them too.

Here's what I came up with. The hardware is off the shelf from Ace hardware.
The screw is an actual tensioner. I used a rubber grommet as the spacer, just like the pros.

ai386.photobucket.com_albums_oo308_jeffsoward_2010_10_05190101.jpg

ai386.photobucket.com_albums_oo308_jeffsoward_2010_10_05190130.jpg

ai386.photobucket.com_albums_oo308_jeffsoward_2010_10_05190158.jpg

ai386.photobucket.com_albums_oo308_jeffsoward_2010_10_05190217.jpg

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice, i wouldnt mind learning that trade. Next time, if you have time give some step by step pic?????

I'll try to get the wife to take some pics during the process. It's hard for me to stop once I get started.
Basically, I took some construction paper and the mag and an idea of how I want the holder to work and cut out templates until I got one that worked for me. Then it took me about 15 minutes to do the real work.
This one was different than my previous versions because the mag is angled, so working out how the belt loop would come around, the tension screw location, etc., was the fun part.
It's like origami/kirigami with kydex.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice job.
When are you going to start selling them?

Well... I've been thinking about it. I've got a couple of holster ideas to work on. If I can get the processes down, maybe.
But then again, how many guys shooting STI/SV's will run a homemade mag holder?
I see guys running around with more money in their accessory equipment than I have in my gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom