1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Another new cartridge......375 Swiss-P.

Discussion in 'Rifle & Shotgun Discussion' started by Hangfire, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Hangfire

Hangfire Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  2. Jcann

Jcann Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Now you'll need to get Accuracy International or Barrett to start chambering this round for their rifles. Several of the "major" free world armies shoot Accuracy International for their long range precision weapon systems. I've seen so called Russian mercenaries fighting in Ukraine who were using 338LM Accuracy International rifles with NF scopes.

The US Army, Marine Corps, and SOCOM are spending several million on this weapon system and its chambered (3 different Barrels/bolt heads) in .308, 300NM, and 338NM.
    Barrett Mk22 Advanced Sniper Rifle System .308 Win, .300 Norma Mag, .338 Norma Mag 17928 For Sale - EuroOptic.com

Okie4570 likes this.
  3. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  4. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    375 CheyTac trumps it with over 130 fps advantage and a .988 BC bullet vs that .8014 BC
    Nothing great to see here.
    But like everything new if you advertise enough it will be a GO.
    Kind of like that 6.5 Creedmoor.

I wish I never bought one.

5. Jcann

Jcann Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Absolutely correct! The 6.5CM came about from PRS and was quickly kicked to the curb for lighter/faster shooting 6mm chamberings. The 6.5CM does nothing the 260 Rem can't do. And, personally, I believe the 260 is a tad bit better.

swampratt likes this.
  6. Profreedomokie

Profreedomokie Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I've watched a clip by an old gun writer that claimed the .270 Win. was better than the 6.5 CM.

7. Catt57

Catt57 Gill-Gun Guru

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    You'd think they would focus on using those materials to supply current demand for common calibers instead of coming up with new ones right now.

8. Jcann

Jcann Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Just like Browning and Winchester coming out with the new 6.8 Western. A chambering no one asked for and one that’s not needed in my opinion. These two companies should be supporting their short magnum chamberings which, they introduced years ago. Manufacturing rifles with good barrels (twisted properly) proper stocks, and adjustable triggers combined with properly loaded 7mm/300/270WSM with Hornady ELD bullets might bring new life to these now unpopular rounds. As it stands now, the reloader is the person maximizing the performance of these rounds. Even the bench rest shooters have had success the the 7mm & 300 Winchester Short Magnums.