Another "where to go fishing" thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have read through the other threads of "where to go fishing around OKC" but didn't quite get the right answers so thought I'd start a new thread rather than resurrect or derail somebody else's.

My father in law is flying into town tomorrow and yesterday he said he wanted to pull my kids out of school one day this week to take them fishing. Fishing is one of his favorite things and loves taking his grandkids out. He is from Idaho so he's used to fishing up there, usually from a boat. He's never fished OK and has some serious health issues so I'm asking for any recommendations that are within 1 hour from OKC/Mustang that basically have handicap access that you can fish from the shore/dock. He's not in a wheelchair but he can't walk very far at all.

Second question, based off any recommendations of location, could you also recommend the proper setup? I've got multiple rods/reels, most are 6-8ft light and mid weight setups, but don't have line on anything. I haven't been fishing at all since moving here 3 years ago. I'm also from the northwest so I'm not familiar with most of the fishing down here so recommendations on line and tackle would be really helpful.

I know this is a loaded set of questions, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. In all honesty he's not going to care if he catches anything, he just wants to be with the grandkids, but they will stay more engaged if they're pulling stuff out...

Latest posts

Top Bottom