1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Any chance of finding components in OKC?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by O4L, Apr 12, 2021.

1. O4L

O4L Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'll be going to the metro area a couple of times this week and if I could find even a little bit of powder, primers, and projectiles to start reloading 9mm that would be a yuge bonus.

I'll be picking up a press tomorrow that was so generously donated to the cause. Dies and other items are ordered.

I have brass but need just one pound of powder, a few primers and bullets to get started making a few plinking loads.

I don't know if a guy can buy very small amounts of components or not but If I could scrape up enough to reload even 50-100 rounds that would be great.

I've been watching and reading many items on reloading, some that were suggested in this forum included (thanks), and I've started reading the Lee reloading manual.

So c'mon guys! Give your honey holes so I can spend some of my bidenbucks and join the ranks of "the bad time to get into reloading" club.

2. Revolvers4Life

Revolvers4Life S&W Collector

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    my go to has always been either Gene Sears out in El Reno, or if I really need something H&H. Gene Sears is a small business, but always had good prices and a good powder/primer supply. H&H is higher priced but has a bigger reloading section than most gun stores in the metro.

I haven't been to either of these places since the pandemic started, I have just been using my supplies, so you might call ahead and check just FYI.

O4L likes this.
  3. thor447

thor447 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    @O4L - give me a call, I can get you started with what you need. I'll PM you my number.

4. GUN DOG

GUN DOG Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I was at Sears Friday nothing in stock for reloading didn’t make it to h&h

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O4L likes this.
  5. rockchalk06

rockchalk06 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Village Tactical is kind of off the turnpike. They are a huge Dillon dealer. I've seen everything but primers in there about every time I go. They stock W231, so I go about once a week to see. I've heard a lot of good things about Sears, but never been there.

Primers are going to be your bugger. I've had sorta decent luck here and Armslist. I'm not willing to pay 100/1000 yet, but anything less isn't the worst deal.

O4L likes this.
  6. rockchalk06

rockchalk06 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    One other thing to keep in mind: If you see any rifle or pistol primers for a killer deal, get them. Even if you don't load with say small rifle, they are good trading stock. I've traded Match Large Rifle for small pistol a few times.

O4L likes this.
  7. Uncle TK

Uncle TK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Gene Sears is now 3rd Generations
    They are a major distributer of a lot of shooting supplies
    They have a small retail operation

O4L likes this.
  8. Revolvers4Life

Revolvers4Life S&W Collector

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    yep you worded it better than me, I know they have a large operation. I have said Gene Sears before and people thought I meant Sears the department store so I was just trying to specify not that one.