Any interest in a Bugout Weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I think I might have something laying around here for the kids to play with ... How old a kiddos are we talking about here??

I wanna learn how to fish ... :lookaroun **hint, hint**

Are we gonna do the "community meal" thing again, like we planned last time ... or is it gonna be every man for himself! (I gotta find that other thread so I can re-post my "I ain't your momma" post ... LOL ... Cuz ... well I ain't your Momma ... and neither is subprep ... or SomeCallMeMom ... althought "Mom" makes it hard for me to post that without snickering ... :teehee:)

**Hopefully not ... and hopefully I will have little kiddos to play with so you guys will definitely be on your own ...

However, I will still bring homemade bread and cookies ... :)

My kiddo is currently 7 1/2 months old. He's pretty easy going & easily entertained.
M.O.M. is actually my nickname from college... Maiden Of Mayhem.:gun2: Just for clarification, I don't clean up after anyone else but my son either!
I'd love to learn more about fishing. I've never fished for anything around here.
I'd like to do the community meal! It sounds like fun & I always enjoy learning a new trick or two!
I'm so new at prepping that I really don't have anything to "teach" either. In fact, you will probably make fun of my newbie ways, but I'll learn a ton, so it will be worth it. I guess I can answer any animal husbandry/vet med questions, bring my dehydrated fruit snacks and make hash browns for breakfast from my dehydrated potatoes ;)
BB, I look forward to eating homemade bread & cookies!

okherp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This sounds like a fun venture!

Using a compass is relatively simple, but is practically worthless without a good map showing angle of declination. However, if you know where you're going beforehand, you can look up the angle of declination and write it down at that point. This shows you the difference between "true north" (the directions you know) compared to "magnetic north" (the direction your compass points). Once you get that down, compasses are a cinch!

As far as coyotes and hogs go, you can only hunt coyotes or hogs on state public land if there is a legal hunting season open and only allowed to use the legal weapon(s) for that season. If squirrel season is open during that time, you can only use archery or shotgun (slugs and buckshot are allowed). You must wait for deer rifle season to open to use a rifle on a WMA. Those rules do not apply on private land!

And as far as "classes" go, I can teach on venomous snake identification and safety!

Latest posts

Top Bottom