Any interest in a Bugout Weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go ahead and set up your own if you want ... Don't be pissing in Lurker's pot ... He's been kind enough to offer up his lease to let a bunch of strangers he knows only from the internet -- not to mention only from this raggedity place -- come out and play weekend warrior, so let's be grateful and not overplay our hand, shall we?? ... :)

LOL! This reminds me of a get-together I went to that was made up of about 50% online Wilderness survival geeks and 50% SAR in a rugged section of the Pacific Northwest. Around the campfire one night one of the SAR guys who was not a part of the survival forum asked, "So let me get this right. You drove way out into the woods, with only a set of GPS coordinates, to meet up with a bunch of people you have never met, but have only ever communicated on the internet? Wasn't that kind of risky?"

My reply was "I was expecting to connect with a bunch of middle-aged knife and gun nuts. I figured the worst that could happen is that it would end up being a group of sexually curious college coeds." :thumbup3:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL! This reminds me of a get-together I went to that was made up of about 50% online Wilderness survival geeks and 50% SAR in a rugged section of the Pacific Northwest. Around the campfire one night one of the SAR guys who was not a part of the survival forum asked, "So let me get this right. You drove way out into the woods, with only a set of GPS coordinates, to meet up with a bunch of people you have never met, but have only ever communicated on the internet? Wasn't that kind of risky?"

My reply was "I was expecting to connect with a bunch of middle-aged knife and gun nuts. I figured the worst that could happen is that it would end up being a group of sexually curious college coeds." :thumbup3:

:rotflmao:

Naa, just the regular moron kind. However, like a good prepper, if SHTF on the 24th we'll be ahead of the game and set up.

:rotflmao:

Ohhhhhh ... myyyyyyyy ... you guys crack me up ... :lmfao:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, we got a date. Weekend of May 24th, thatsa a Saturday. Ill be there Friday, and kinda check on things. If ya wanna come down friday 23rd, thatll be fine. Im leaving Sunday evening and locking the gate.

Like I said, theres no water n no electric....theres a creek and a pond that usually has some water, DRINK AT YOUR OWN RISK. Ill bring a 5gal water jug. And build a communitu fire pit.

Squirrel season will be open, hogs pass thru, if your into edible plants im sure ya can find some. Bring or find you own eats.

We talked before about doing one community meal, im down with that. Id like to have a informal class on some things ie maps, compass, first aid, plant id, communication, tarp shelters, ect. Anyone wanna volunteer???

A fire building/boiling water contest, complete with prize is in the works.

Anyway we got the date set and 80+ acres. Tents, tarps, ect is cool, RVs n generators prolly not. Be as serious as ya want, just play nice n be respectful.

The idea is to bugout n test and share your skills with a few like minded folks. So keep it fun.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. I may have missed the post with the location..... But where is it. The county is fine if you don't want to blast the exact location publicly.

Plenty of trees yes?.. I have a hammock, not a tent.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. I may have missed the post with the location..... But where is it. The county is fine if you don't want to blast the exact location publicly.

Plenty of trees yes?.. I have a hammock, not a tent.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Okmulgee county, Kinda between Henryetta n Okmulgee. From Shawnee its a hout n halfish but I drive speed limit or slower n usually stop once. From Tulsa its maybe an hour ish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom