any interest in a wood cook stove??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since this is such a specialized item, I wanted to post it here and see if there is any interest, hope this doesn't cause any heartburn.

I have an old Montgomery Wards wood cook stove, it is white porcelain and looks more like a modern stove than an antique. It's not a fancy antique stove, does not have warming ovens or a water reservoir and won't be priced like an antique. I bought it years ago to put in a future cabin build, but that isn't going to happen, I'm thinking about selling it (also open to gun trade offers). I have never used it but it appears to be in good shape with the exception of the handles which should be easy to replace.

Thought I'd see if maybe one of you might be interested before I put it on craigslist??

If anyone is seriously interested, send me a pm and I will send some photos. It is located in Sand Springs.

Photos posted below.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great unit if your off the grid. Didn't know they still were available.
I elk hunt at a place that has one of the old, old wood burners. It has the water reservoir and warming oven as well as a baking oven.
The family that used to live in the place also used it for heating. She could bake some serious cakes and pies on that thing. Knew exactly how to regulate the fire. It took us a few days to figure out how to just warm up chili. lol.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the photos.....haven't looked at the stove in a long time and I was mistaken, it does have a hot water reservoir. I think the stove is worth at least $350.

aouMujL.jpg

kfTpxAL.jpg

7J7WHQd.jpg

lrfpYru.jpg

6Npb8Dq.jpg

WOiR2qN.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom