Any Largo shooters here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I took one of my Star Modelo Supers to H&H. As usual, it ran flawlessly and produced (for me) nice groups.

I was wonderng how many other members here are into the 9x23 Largo round. I buy ammo from Sarco for about $180/K, and it's non corrosive. Corrosive is available for about ten bucks less.

Winchester 9x23 will fit in these old guns, but don't do it. The brass is fine, but the chamber pressure is 'way too high for the Largo guns.

The "soft Spanish steel" myth is the friend of the Star shooters. These are great weapons and can be had at pretty good prices. I also have some Star model BM pistols, and they are great 9mm shooters. Heavy and ultra reliable.

H&H actually stocks CCI aluminum 9x23 Largo ammo, but it won't run well in all Largo guns. Mine all like it, but the difference in case design doesn't do well in some guns. They are under $20 (good hollowpoint bullets) for 50 rounds, and these days that's not bad. Of course the Sarco stuff is about $10 for 50 rounds, and is a better fit for the gun. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom