Any y’all wearing fingernail “polish”?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember as a kid of taking my pocket knife and continuing to turn the point on the nail until it "drilled" through to relieve the pressure.
I’ve done the same thing with a small drill bit by putting a little pressure on it then turning it with my fingers. Sure feels better when the pressure is relieved.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are what I needed today.

1718674631270.png

I was having trouble with my edger running at speed. It idled ok but bogged when I squeezed the trigger. I had it running on my tailgate and walked by the spinning blade. THank God it was at idle and I had some gloves on. I felt a whack whack whack on my hand and there was immediate pain.

STUPID! I shut it off and went inside to clean it up and had two 2 inch slices about 1/16 inch deep on the back of my left hand. I applied pressure and got the bleeding stopped then peroxide and a 3x4 bandage. I ain't about to take it off to take pictures for youse guys.

glassparman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about table saw kisses? This is a red badge of courage right here! Ain't no polish gonna cover it up.

Just like mouthpiece's picture . . . nice and red!

For those that have curious minds, that is not my hand. That was my oldest son. He can still play a mean guitar though! LOL

IMG_4424.jpeg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know when a doctor takes a paper clip, heats it in a Bunsen burner and uses it to burn a hole in the nail to allow the blood to escape and relieve the pressure, it's coded as surgery? I know from experience. Since then I've actually practiced medicine without a license (lol) a few times.
I’m betting most of these new grads from medical school don’t have a clue what a Bunsen burner is.

JT708

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn
Cut 1/2 my nail off a month ago, nail bed got mangled.
I have this big flat stone I run across a surface to flatten it and I was doing cylinder heads and that right pinky was not paying attention and dropped off the edge of the stone and fell into a chamber and about god cut off like a shear.

Hope that don't happen twice.
I suppose I skipped the nail polish and just cut it wayDamn

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
C3173A88-DE9D-4580-98A5-C0F0739AAD49.jpeg

The instructions said to warm up the engine on the Polaris prior to changing the oil. I did and the oil filter is a bit close to the exhaust pipe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom