Anybody Ever Use One of Those Ice Machines after Ortho Surgery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of that scene in "Everybody Loves Raymond" where all the old guys are sitting around in the sauna, and one will describe some ache or pain in his body, and another old guy will respond "Yeah, I got that." Over and over.
:laugh6:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, so that’s how you get your icy nerves

I thought the surgically hardened them. I was at the H&H match, and on kurtm’s squad, 10-12 years ago when he shot after having back surgery the week before.... I’m still in disbelief.

My mother used one of those machines after a full knee replacement. She recommends it. As does my aunt who had a full hip replacement in her early 50’s.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a neat unit after my first shoulder surgery in '13, self contained cold and compression, it was really nice.

Second surgery in '16 I got the retrofitted cooler that required ice, no compression, it worked, but was a PITA.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a total arthroplasty of the shoulder that failed and now my right knee is painful so I seen an Orthopod and they gave me a shot of Lidocaine and something else and it was a of great benefit...for a week. Now it is beginning to hurt like it did before the injection. X-ray reveals minimal narrowing of the joint but I can't figure out where the pain is or why-I know where it's the why. It's the price of getting older I reckon. I've known some guys who have died in great health and far younger...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved mine but it leaked.
I had it inside a big bucket to catch the water. It leaked around the seal on the lid. I tried everything but screwing it down. Shims, tape, bricks, nothing worked. I think it was because the hose was kinked and the pressure pushed it out the seal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom