Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 115236
200 rounds of 147 ELD-Match 6.5 Creedmoor & 5K of 147 9mm
Nice. Can I ask what you paid for the 6.5 and where you got it? I'm having to pick that up a little here and a little there but when I shoot, I tend to shoot a few times a week and it will include the creed.
If you can't, that's cool.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE="dennishoddy, post: 3091417, member: 5412 His is the blued model and I don't want him to get the idiot mark that a lot of 1911's sport.[/QUOTE]
Ohhhh the dreaded idiot scratch. I remember how mine got there. I was being all cocky and showing my wife my expert knowledge of the 1911 and doin lots of pointing and splaining like any professional gun handling fella would do and right there before her very eyes I did it. She kinda grinned and studied for a second and said something to the effect of "that's a very detailed explanation". Lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE="dennishoddy, post: 3091417, member: 5412 His is the blued model and I don't want him to get the idiot mark that a lot of 1911's sport.
Ohhhh the dreaded idiot scratch. I remember how mine got there. I was being all cocky and showing my wife my expert knowledge of the 1911 and doin lots of pointing and splaining like any professional gun handling fella would do and right there before her very eyes I did it. She kinda grinned and studied for a second and said something to the effect of "that's a very detailed explanation". Lol[/QUOTE]
HAHA! Mine are all stainless. A little steel wool, and the aw-crap goes away. LOL.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. Can I ask what you paid for the 6.5 and where you got it? I'm having to pick that up a little here and a little there but when I shoot, I tend to shoot a few times a week and it will include the creed.
If you can't, that's cool.
I noticed Vizardsgunsandammo had 147gr match for $23.67 earlier. Not sure what Jwryan84 paid or where but I think Vizards has a pretty daggum good price. Didn't check shipping price

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE="dennishoddy, post: 3091417, member: 5412 His is the blued model and I don't want him to get the idiot mark that a lot of 1911's sport.
Ohhhh the dreaded idiot scratch. I remember how mine got there. I was being all cocky and showing my wife my expert knowledge of the 1911 and doin lots of pointing and splaining like any professional gun handling fella would do and right there before her very eyes I did it. She kinda grinned and studied for a second and said something to the effect of "that's a very detailed explanation". Lol[/QUOTE]
I got the I scratch too and I did it on my Kimber Desert Warrior 45. CRAP! Did it when it was brand new.
Had taken it apart to clean after shooting it the first day. Was reassembling when I got in a hurry and "DON'T LOOK ETHEL", it was too late. The pin on a Kimber is tough to get in when they are new. I knew that...did it anyway and you can't unscrew screwed.
Everytime a gun fairy looks at mine, they see the scratch and start smiling at me. I hope I can figure out a way to fix it because it bugs me.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol[/QUOTE]
HAHA! Mine are all stainless. A little steel wool, and the aw-crap goes away. LOL.[/QUOTE]
Mine is stainless too. I'll have to try to buff it out someday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom