Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphagunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now the hunt begins for some 44 mag ammo

Attachments

• PXL_20210514_205323252.jpg
    PXL_20210514_205323252.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 62

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't get anything new today, but spent a couple of hours this afternoon cleaning up the Stevens .22/.410 I got from deceased FIL that I've posted pics of in this thread.
It had been stored for who knows how many years barrel up in a closet. Light rust had made it into the barrel for about 1/4", and about 2" down from the muzzle on the exterior. Oil and 0000 steel wool really cleaned up the exterior after a vigorous scrubbing.
I don't think any part of this gun had been treated with oil, ever. Fortunately it still locks up tight so it didn't get much use.
Shot some .410 shells through it and a couple dozen .22 RF after cleaning. The .22 was fairly accurate group wise offhand but shooting way low at a burn barrel at 20 yds. I'm sure a bench would tighten that up. The issue is the ramp for the rear leaf sight is gone. There is a little wad of clay or something under it, but it needs a factory ramp to get that rear sight up high enough.
Anybody have one I could buy?
The metal looks good now. No pits as it was just surface rust. What I didn't know about these guns is that if I select the top .22 barrel and shoot it, all one has to do is recock the hammer and fire the .410 under barrel. It changes automatically. Pretty cool.
The rifle/shotgun combo has always been on my wish list. I would have preferred the .22 hornet/20 ga combo, but this one came with a good price.....free.
I really miss mine had a .223 / 20 ga overunder 35 yrs ago when people still rode around with a gun rack in the back window. That is how I lost it someone smashed out the window and took it. Dad would make .223 loads with pistol powder for me to use squirrel and rabbit hunting. The 20 ga was for running shots, always said I would get another one but never did. Now you got me wanting another one.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The SIG P250 subcompact I bought a few weeks ago has only one major downside to me: the flat baseplate on the 12 round magazine. I found a solution I didn't know existed--a 9mm, 12 round magazine with a pinky extension. I ordered one from CDNN and it arrived yesterday. The second photo is of the flat baseplate mag and the third is of the pinky rest baseplate mag. Much more comfortable!
20210514_212227.jpg
20210514_212140.jpg
20210514_212115~2.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Dr_Strangelove

Marksman
Reaction score
Got a few goodies today..kit to finish up my 17 designs lower, a scope from Primary Arms, not pictured is some .45 ACP I picked up from @Dr_Strangelove and a couple of boxes of green tip from Academy. Also a set of throwing knives from Cabelas, impulse buy! Kind of went ham today.
View attachment 205893 View attachment 205894

Academy must have had some inventory today. I wondered if you found anything good...Good job!

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Academy must have had some inventory today. I wondered if you found anything good...Good job!
It was pretty thin but they had a lot of green tip and quite a bit of .22lr, that was kind of pricey though. Few boxes of 9mm defensive rounds. That’s the first time I’ve been in lately and they weren’t completely out so that made me happy.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The SIG P250 subcompact I bought a few weeks ago has only one major downside to me: the flat baseplate on the 12 round magazine. I found a solution I didn't know existed--a 9mm, 12 round magazine with a pinky extension. I ordered one from CDNN and it arrived yesterday. The second photo is of the flat baseplate mag and the third is of the pinky rest baseplate mag. Much more comfortable!View attachment 205930View attachment 205931View attachment 205933

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
Before I made my Sub Compact an X-Compact, those pinky extensions were the stuff. Much better feel.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was pretty thin but they had a lot of green tip and quite a bit of .22lr, that was kind of pricey though. Few boxes of 9mm defensive rounds. That’s the first time I’ve been in lately and they weren’t completely out so that made me happy.
I've been stopping by more often after work. That's my same findings. Occasionally they have some 9mm steel cased stuff. Not sure I'll ever shoot it, but it's 9mm.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been stopping by more often after work. That's my same findings. Occasionally they have some 9mm steel cased stuff. Not sure I'll ever shoot it, but it's 9mm.
Ha, that’s me too. I wasn’t really looking to get any green tips but bought them because they were there. Funny state of things! I’ll save them or shoot them outside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom