Anybody have one of these laying around? (M1912 squad kit)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody happen to have a complete or partial 1912 squad kit (or even an empty case) in their possession?

yKSajclh.jpg

GQT9mP5h.jpg

Leggett71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, picked up several years back.

See attached. Paid around $300 for it.

What are you asking about it.

Leggett

Attachments

• IMG_2111.JPG
    IMG_2111.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 173

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, picked up several years back.

See attached. Paid around $300 for it.

What are you asking about it.

Leggett

Very nice Leggett. I've just been trying to locate an empty case or a partial kit. Finally ran across one last week listed as a first aid kit case on eBay. I've also purchased an oiler, grease can, one cleaning rod, two bore brushes, and a Stanley takedown tool. I figured that I'd just put together a working kit for one pistol and add to it in the future. I have no plans to actually use the kit for cleaning purposes though.

It's interesting to see the pre-WWII brass oiler and grease can still being included in an unissued WWII kit.

Leggett71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice Leggett. I've just been trying to locate an empty case or a partial kit. Finally ran across one last week listed as a first aid kit case on eBay. I've also purchased an oiler, grease can, one cleaning rod, two bore brushes, and a Stanley takedown tool. I figured that I'd just put together a working kit for one pistol and add to it in the future. I have no plans to actually use the kit for cleaning purposes though.

It's interesting to see the pre-WWII brass oiler and grease can still being included in an unissued WWII kit.
There was a complete WWI kit for sale recently on the CMP Forum - FS - Other.
Lot of good stuff shows up there if you watch.

Leggett

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a complete WWI kit for sale recently on the CMP Forum - FS - Other.
Lot of good stuff shows up there if you watch.

Leggett

I think that same seller is the individual that I purchased the oiler from. He purchased a large grouping of squad kits and accessories from a pawn shop and has been selling them off over the last few years. The last WWII kit that he sold brought $425 and it had post-war JAM marked rods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom