Anybody peruse Tulsa Gun Sales dot com?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It seemed like a good concept, what with Armslist charging fees, but all I'm getting are the same pages and pages of dealer's ads that I see on Armslist.

At least on Armslist, I can choose to ignore dealer's ads.

Or, is there a feature like that on TGS?

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After you select a category (rifle, shotgun, etc) there is a "Seller Type" menu on the left. There you can select Dealer or Private Party.

I agree that it would be handy of this option were also available on the home page.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After you select a category (rifle, shotgun, etc) there is a "Seller Type" menu on the left. There you can select Dealer or Private Party.

I agree that it would be handy of this option were also available on the home page.

Thanks. That's the info I was seeking. Much obliged.

Anthony

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seemed like a good concept, what with Armslist charging fees, but all I'm getting are the same pages and pages of dealer's ads that I see on Armslist.

zipty6 is correct. It would be handy if that feature were on the front page. I will work on the code and see if I can make that happen. Thanks for visiting!

Anthony

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Armslist spent a lot of money over the last 20 years or so to attract the sellers and buyers.
This guy has only had this up a short time.
I think you are expecting too much too soon.

Thank you for saying that. I started that website right around Christmas because Armslist started charging people. That really made me mad that they wanted $6 a month or whatever it is. So I built the website and have worked tirelessly trying to get people to come. The problem is that I cannot advertise it anywhere. FB and Google are both anti-gun. If I were able to advertise on either one of those then I am certain I would get more visitors than I get now - which is 300-500 per day. What can I say - at least I'm not trying to make money off of the site in any way

Anthony

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hi Nemesis, I appreciate your feedback and will work on putting that feature on the front page. Sometimes coding is a little tricky. You can mess a whole lot of stuff up just trying to make small changes. I really do like feedback of any kind - either positive or negative. It helps me understand what I need to do to make the website better

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I took programming classes at cal state and understand your dilemma, but zipty already showed me how to bypass the numerous dealer ads. I'm good.

Best of luck. Keep up the good work. Power to the people. Keep the faith. Etc.

Now, if you could just find me a mint Winchester Miroku 1873 color case hardened octagon sub 24 inch barreled rifle in 45 cal for <$1K...........

Latest posts

Top Bottom