anybody raise rabbits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a cheap mister from atwoods and frozen 2 liter bottles all summer. The one day I skipped out on doing it we lost 1 from heat.

We used the 2 liter bottle method too. I kept meaning to get a mister but didn't, so on the really hot days I'd go out and turn the water sprinkler on them. They didn't mind it at all -- would even play in the water! Chickens too ... I've got some weird critters ...

Lurker, I had a trio of rabbits but my surgery kept me down a little longer than I anticipated so I gave them to a buddy. I'm really wanting to give them a try again in the spring.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im gonna get chickens again, but only a very few. Ill wait till easter for the rabbits. Thatll give me a little time to get set up. Gonna start with 1 buck, 2 does, then butcher whatever they make.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im gonna get chickens again, but only a very few. Ill wait till easter for the rabbits. Thatll give me a little time to get set up. Gonna start with 1 buck, 2 does, then butcher whatever they make.

That was my plan originally. That is my plan again -- next spring. I'm finding rabbits a bit difficult to get ahold of (who'da thought?!?) so if I can snag some from somewhere I'll probably pick them up. No breeding for me until after winter has come and gone for the most part. Ideally, I'd like to time my first litters to come sometime in early spring.

BB, hows the mini goat thing working out? Is GC convinced yet?

:( No ... I'm running out of bargains to make and ploys to try ... :fallangel:popcorn:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lots of cheap bunnies for sale around easter. Also check animal shelters for bunnies and goats.

A few yrs ago my brother picked up 3 nannies at Chandler shelter for $10 a piece.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
**sigh** It appears that the goat may be one of those times that I have to ask for forgiveness rather than permission ... I'm gonna winter over the chickens and some more rabbits and see what spring brings ... Now that I am feeling better I really, really, really want to get a garden in this year. Wait, let me rephrase that ... I want to get a garden that I've put in to GROW ... :lookaroun I'm good at getting stuff in the ground, just not so good at keeping it alive. :disappoin:loser::scream:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive planted a garden several times, dang drought kills everything but the sand burrs. If theres ever a market for them, ill retire again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom