Anyone been fishing at Texoma this week or last weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm heading back down there tomorrow afternoon for the weekend. Just wondering what fish are hitting on.

We will be working the standard spots to try and catch some striper. But anything that bites and gives some sort of fight to get into the boat will work for me.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where you putting in at Dan? I'll be down there friday evening as well.

Word is that bait is not doing it anymore. Slabs and Wildeyes, hitting topwater plugs early morning/late evening.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are staying at Alberta Creek. Catfish bay area, I think.

Last year we caught all of our fish with top water lures. We had some crank bait that was used but that never got lower than a foot or so before the fish would hit it. Everywhere we turned last May(2008) we would hit the shad as they were chased to the surface. If it had a hook on it, we would pull it back with a fish.

The few trips down there this year have netted nothing but a bunch of sand bass.

I have about 48 hours to enjoy the lake before its time to return to OKC. It will be a very productive 48 hours. Fishing, playing with my nieces and nephew, fishing, sleeping, fishing and maybe some water activities if the kids require it.

Said good bye to the wife at 11 this morning. She is off to Denver for the weekend. Now I just need about 24 hours to pass so I can head south.

Latest posts

Top Bottom