Anyone else get ruthlessly bumped this month?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance Jensen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knowing how and executing are just two different things sometimes. The mental game is hard to master. I'm still playing with different strategies. For instance my first stage in a match used to be my worst. Now it is usually my best. On the other hand, my performance has been going down as the match goes on, when it usually went up. But of course if we could master every aspect of this game we probably wouldn't play anymore.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knowing how and executing are just two different things sometimes. The mental game is hard to master. I'm still playing with different strategies. For instance my first stage in a match used to be my worst. Now it is usually my best. On the other hand, my performance has been going down as the match goes on, when it usually went up. But of course if we could master every aspect of this game we probably wouldn't play anymore.

Very true. I'm still only halfway through the book, but the ideas are pretty interesting. It's really just all about how to keep stress from screwing with your performance. I hope it helps because right now I feel like I'm reading a self help book by Stuart Smalley. As I'm reading, I can almost see Phil Hartman saying, "You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you."

Lance Jensen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another good read is "Shooting from Within" by J. Michael Plaxco. This book is geared towards taking control of your progress and performance. It also talks about how to develop your internal skills as a shooter.

Plaxco has won the Steel Challenge, IPSC Championship, World 3 gun Championship, ect... It's an older read, but he was cutting edge. From what I've seen nothing has really changed over the last 25 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom