Anyone else have family that oppose CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I carry what I need, and conceal accordingly. I do occasionally change shirts because it won't conceal my gun well enough.

Seems a little selfish to me to want your help, but not want your beliefs in their house.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was at my g/f's parent's house for dinner one night, they know i carry but do not think it is necessary. they live outside of town a little on about 5 acres that backs up to an open pasture. her mom looks out the window and says "larry(her husband) get the .22 and go shoot that armadillo, he is back again!".
well i had my pistol on me so i ran outside, took care of the armadillo, came back in to her dad looking at me like i was crazy. he said "why the hell do you have your gun on in my house?" i just looked at him and said "every time you have been around me for the last few years it has been, you just never knew it." he just looked at me with a weird look and laughed and walked off.

i had to fight with my dad about me getting my CCL for about 3 months. all he would ever say is "why do you want to shoot someone?" i would just tell him i didnt want to.

Fat_Sam

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am the youngest of 5. I was five when I got my first rifle... we all had rifles. 1 of my brothers is dead set against owning a firearm. We don't hassle each other... we just talk and try to understand the other...I do respect him so I don't carry in his house...but then I don't go to his house unless he needs something...even then I don't enter his house.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edwards

I would love to see the letter you send (unpersonalized of course). I don't think I'll have such an encounter but you never know. I'd like to be well armed in that repect as well. Pun intended.

Regards
MLN1963

Plinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I don't get is why people think you suddenly become some kind of monster when you strap a weapon on. Even if they've known you for years... Maybe they can't see that we do it for purely defensive reasons and we've not suddenly gone all bloodthirsty. (scratches head)

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edwards

I would love to see the letter you send (unpersonalized of course). I don't think I'll have such an encounter but you never know. I'd like to be well armed in that repect as well. Pun intended.

Regards
MLN1963

MLN, I will PM you with it, but I feel like it's pretty personal, I DO NOT want it publicly posted!

The email was written primarily with the condition that I do not carry around any of the children in our family. Now, we are never together without children, so that rules out all family events, even us eating over at a family members house, which usually happens at least twice a week. But, my wife and I specifically take two of the kids quite often for baby sitting purposes etc. Their parents weren't involved and weren't there, but were mentioned in the email. It bothers me the most, because I specifically thought of them when we went for our CWL because I don't know what I would do in a situation where one of them were in harms way. Apparently, it would be better that I not do anything and watch them be snatched.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I knew anyone friends or family that didn't want firearms in their house I would honor their wishes. I would also expect them to honor my wishes in my house. I have a choise on whether or not I go there, but once there I will abide by their rules.

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom