Anyone else sick of winter ALREADY???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was retired & wife was still working I put a small electric heater in her car directed toward wind shield. It would melt the ice off the wind shield ETC . It would be toasty warm inside. Had a extension cord ran from patio to drive way. Would plug heater in to cord at night . When i got up I would plug extension cord in on patio. If you do this be sure extension cord is heavy enough to carry load. Wife really liked hopping into warm car.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I on the other hand hate summer and love the cool air of fall. Sitting around a campfire, etc is about the epitome for us.
After spending most of the hottest part of the last summer above 8000’ in the mountains of New Mexico and Colorado, I’ve vowed to never spend another summer in Ok if it’s humanly possible to do so. We made reservations to return next summer before we left there.
I’ll always make it back for Deer seasons, but when that and the holidays with family are done, it’s back on the road to a more moderate climate for the worst part of Oklahoma’s winter.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm kind of the opposite. :-)

Attachments

• 222600-Let-It-Snow.gif
    222600-Let-It-Snow.gif
    925.7 KB · Views: 120

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right there with you on hating cold weather, have said wished I could go to sleep in December and wake up in March. I want to go outside but have no built in insulation, 6 foot and 145 pounds = no fat insulation. Pretty comfortable at 78 deg, below 60 it's friggen cold.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you...I ran away several years ago and lived in a sailboat in the Caribbean for several years to get away from it......If only I hadn't ran out of money......

Now that's awesome. PM me, I wanna talk about where you've been!

Salt Whistle Bay in Mayreau is my favorite place on Earth, very VERY closely followed by Lower Bay in Bequia. :D

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Snow is what we need. Snow makes the cold worth it.
I hate being HOT in the summer, there's really not anything you can do about it while outside. In winter, you can add clothes, move around more to warm up, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom