Anyone else sick of winter ALREADY???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too hate winter and cold weather. My hot tub is set at 101 degrees though. Ahhhhhhhh.

Edited: to reflect a correct temp of a comfortable 101!

Last edited:

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I on the other hand hate summer and love the cool air of fall. Sitting around a campfire, etc is about the epitome for us.
After spending most of the hottest part of the last summer above 8000’ in the mountains of New Mexico and Colorado, I’ve vowed to never spend another summer in Ok if it’s humanly possible to do so. We made reservations to return next summer before we left there.
I’ll always make it back for Deer seasons, but when that and the holidays with family are done, it’s back on the road to a more moderate climate for the worst part of Oklahoma’s winter.

Where do you like to spend most of that time, specifically ? If I may ask. I love that general area and elevation also

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you like to spend most of that time, specifically ? If I may ask. I love that general area and elevation also
We stayed in Red River which is trying to become a year around destination vs just a winter ski resort, then we moved North to Antonito Colorado which is very close to a pristine trout stream of native browns, cutbows and a few rainbows. Lots of alpine lakes in the area.
A bonus was a very nice county owned rifle, pistol, and archery range about 3 miles from the RV camp. Lots of things to do in both of those areas if your into outdoor activities.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking of moving to Florida where there are no state income taxes on retirement benefits. And they give you $1,400 per family member from state oil profits-Oh wait, that's Alaska and I ain't gonna go there in the winter! But we really are thinking about FL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom