Anyone else sick of winter ALREADY???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in southern Marshall county, about 5 miles north of Lake Texoma. That's about as far north as I care to spend winter. :D

Even when I was younger, I preferred 100 degrees to anything below freezing.

Now I can't stand much of either one. :/
:drunk2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking of moving to Florida where there are no state income taxes on retirement benefits. And they give you $1,400 per family member from state oil profits-Oh wait, that's Alaska and I ain't gonna go there in the winter! But we really are thinking about FL.
After visiting Alaska a couple of times we have some of the cities we visited on our weather apps. You would be amazed at how much warmer some of them are in the winter from Oklahoma. The coastal cities have a warm water current that runs through there to moderated the winter cold. Ketchikan rarely gets below freezing and highs of 80 in the summer are the norm. Its 46 degrees in Ketchikan right now vs 42 in Ponca City, Seward is at 40 degrees tonight.
The 160" of rainfall annually is the kicker. You get used to living in a rain suit.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is something I like about Winter - the bugs are gone.
Can walk outside at night without getting my face wrapped in spider web and sometimes spider.
The chiggers don't swarm on me for daring to step on their grass.
Can drive at night without having to clean the bug guts off the windshield.

Don't have a motorcycle anymore but I sure liked being able to wear protective gear without simmering in a pool of sweat.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy a Jeep wrangler, heat comes on fast and hot, why is your truck so cold?

It's just big and old. It's a 15 year old Tahoe. It's never gotten warm very well, and the rear heat/AC has problems too. I've had it worked on a couple time, and nothing has ever fixed it. The rear blend-door actuator is screwed up (a know issue on these) and so I have to pull the rear panels to get to it to manually switch it from hot to cold and back several times a year. It's annoying. I tried replacing it, still ends up doing the same thing. <sigh>

Yes, I could probably solve some of these problems with buying another vehicle - but I am trying to follow the advice of my better here and elsewhere about getting OUT of debt, not getting into more of it. Motor is going to need a top half rebuild very soon, transmission may, as well. Hoping to get some more years out of it. Even spending $4-5k on those repairs, it's still cheaper than buying something newer.

I want new cars, I want a new house, I want to buy into the business... and the bank will loan me the money, there's no doubt about that. I could walk in tomorrow and they would write me a check to buy all my heart desires. But that's a baaaaad idea.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My dad worked on the railroad for 37 years. He always said ‘I can put on enough clothes to stay warm but I can’t take off enough to stay cool’
I’m kind of the same way. I can’t stand to be sticky and stinky. When it’s really hot outside, I’ll take 3 sometimes 4 showers a day.

deerstalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh! We ain't had any winter yet, and I mean real winter, below zero for weeks or months, snow in late Oct. til April, god those where the days..

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not me. I hate extreme cold, but then to me, anything over about 80 degrees pisses me off too - I hate being hot. A vacation to tropical places is fine, but our brutally hot summers suck worse than our winters for sure. I’ll take 65-70 in the day, and 50 or so at night. Right now I’m at my mother’s in Kansas, and she keeps it so damned hot in the house that I have to go outside to get comfortable.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Huh! We ain't had any winter yet, and I mean real winter, below zero for weeks or months, snow in late Oct. til April, god those where the days..

No doubt! We are not even close to our 2-3 week snap of "winter weather" if we even get that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom