Anyone Have a S&W Model 17?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like my Model 17’s. They are still in the Smith & Wesson line-up; Classic revolver line -- pretty pricey; the latest is a Model 17-9

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-17-masterpiece

I also ended up with a 17-4 I bought at the Gun Library at Cabels’s -- be surprised what they have. They both shoot better than I can.

I have an older 617 (6 shot) I like to shoot also. The trigger is a little heavier -- not as smooth as the others (time and patients, with more rounds down range).

I pickup a Model 18-3; looks just like my model 15-3 -- Very, very smooth trigger -- seems I can keep this on target a little better than the others. A bit pricey also -- very pretty handgun.

If I had to choose -- I like them all -- that why I have them.

If your ever in Broken Arrow. The Colt Diamondback -- Dan Wesson 22 and even Ruger LCRX (3 inch barrel) are excellent and fun to shoot; I have a Ruger LCR .22lr (1 7/8 inch barrel, very, very heavy trigger) that I had dialed in and; foolishly; I changed the front sight, been fighting with it ever since.

Good luck on your search !!!!!!

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here's my S&W 17-3 with 6in barrel

DSC09345.jpg

DSC09346.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom