Anyone have Cameras out yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swingwing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and a buddy went to our lease to repair 2 of 3 feeders and check cameras this past weekend. One needed a new timer. one a battery and a new support. The bracket that held it suspended from the tree gave way, we thought it was just old. We found the first feeder on the ground, the steel bracket pulled out of the tree and bent up. Holes in the barrel and timer completely gone. No pics on camera. The second one the replacement bracket didn't work out, so had to think of plan B. No camera set up. Got to the third brand new feeder on legs and it is torn to crap. One video shows the culprit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and a buddy went to our lease to repair 2 of 3 feeders and check cameras this past weekend. One needed a new timer. one a battery and a new support. The bracket that held it suspended from the tree gave way, we thought it was just old. We found the first feeder on the ground, the steel bracket pulled out of the tree and bent up. Holes in the barrel and timer completely gone. No pics on camera. The second one the replacement bracket didn't work out, so had to think of plan B. No camera set up. Got to the third brand new feeder on legs and it is torn to crap. One video shows the culprit.

You're going to have to get your equipment secured with some heavy duty stuff. Rubber gloves on the camera's etc to eliminate human scent or the scent from the feeders that you handled before handling the cameras.
I'd be out there with my bow when bear season opens.

Swingwing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're going to have to get your equipment secured with some heavy duty stuff. Rubber gloves on the camera's etc to eliminate human scent or the scent from the feeders that you handled before handling the cameras.
I'd be out there with my bow when bear season opens.

Unfortunately there's no bear season in that county. I did let @Jared know so if there gets to be a large enough population maybe ODWC will open that county.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately there's no bear season in that county. I did let @Jared know so if there gets to be a large enough population maybe ODWC will open that county.
That's good to know. It appears the bears are expanding their territories over the years, so that info will be useful to the ODW.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does and dink’s still all I’m seeing.
Somebody is looking back though.

5d34db8285a8cd3456918cac45710c5d.jpg

94cf3fce508b6f271dcb30178edcad78.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom