Anyone heard from

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can kinda sorta agree. Pointing out the fact that there are others who don't.

More then a decade ago I feel like I got more from the site so it received a relatively larger portion of my time. Today I would say it is much less on both accounts. Adapt all I want won't change that. Not FGST breakfasts, No NFA shoots, gave up my FFL I basically had for the people here's benefit.... All the people I have actually met from this site and would not hesitate to interact with again I met years ago. Can't think of a single one in the last 5+ years Ive felt like asking to meet up with to go shoot or get a cup of joe with.

Every forum I have ever been on has had those life cycles, even the one I managed back in my 20s. I still have very close friends I met through that one, but the newer members just don't have the same draw. I think the same can be said for any group, as we get older we tend to have less in common to BS about with younger generations. We are just in different phases.

I am a member of another forum for CTS-Vs that I will probably frequent even once I don't own one anymore, but it is mostly because those guys have the same twisted and offensive sense of humor I do. It is actually not too different, culture wise, from this forum. A bunch of folks that are comfortable in their skin that were raised to appreciate words don't hurt and most folks don't mean anything if they say something someone else may be offended by. I think even the folks that routinely get into bickering matches on here would probably do just fine sitting down for a up of coffee with each other, but I could be wrong.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I decided to try and call Tom Martin today, at least the last number I had for him. Nobody answered, I left a voicemail and have yet to hear back. He was an elderly man the last time I saw him. I can't find an obituary for him if he passed.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found out what happened to AC37 AKA paul. At least what his former business partner told me. I don't know if I should post it publicly, but let's just say he went on a walkabout three years ago and hasn't been heard from since.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Paul AKA AC37 lately? He hasn't posted in a long time. He used to do the CCW classes years ago.

AC37 was last seen:

Apr 7, 2017

Also, Tom Martin he hasn't logged in, in years. I don't know if some of you knew him but he was a nice elderly man I met off here back in 2007 I bought an 84 Mustang GT from him. I saw him last at one of the Claremore gun shows put on by super Dave.

Tom Martin was last seen: Mar 27, 2016
Retired prison warden in El Reno?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forums change, people change. I found myself coming back here after being gone for a good while, I actually like the place better now than before, has a different feel to it. Or maybe I changed, or both.

I tend to stay away from much larger boards, still post on a few, but find myself on the smaller boards ore often.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One poster who was very obnoxious not only to me but anyone who took up for me in one thread has not been heard of since late 2012. I certainly won't miss that person!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Can everyone see the list of ‘members online’ at the bottom of the main page? I check it often and see a few old timers liking around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom