Anyone heard of Badlands?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait. You are referring to the post by Hamp? I see absolutely NOTHING in his post that would lead me away from any training academy much less a top notch facility like Badlands.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait. You are referring to the post by Hamp? I see absolutely NOTHING in his post that would lead me away from any training academy much less a top notch facility like Badlands.

Yes. I'm not interested paying to be bruised, scraped and basically beaten. In fact, I got married so I wouldn't have to pay for it any more. I'm sure there are some people who seek out that type of approach to learning and enjoy it. It's just not the type of thing I feel I'd respond well to. I'm not trying to be a Tier 1 Operator. I'd just like to learn how to read wind better.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That review was not for one of their precision rifle courses... it was for a custom course involving close quarters fighting. Rest assured, no one will bruise, scrape, or beat you in the basic long range precision class.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That review was not for one of their precision rifle courses... it was for a custom course involving close quarters fighting. Rest assured, no one will bruise, scrape, or beat you in the basic long range precision class.

Yep. GC took Bobby's long range precision course and he came home able to consistently hit his target at 1000 yards. I didn't see any bruises on him.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That will be your loss. The post was second-hand knowledge that had ZERO basis in fact. Bobby, Steve, Dustin, Rich and crew are some of the best at what they do. Their Basic Long Range Precision Rifle class has no equal. I have attended training with these guys on a couple of occasions and I can tell you that you will be the one losing out by not training with them. Do yourself a favor and experience it for yourself instead of accepting internet babble.

Just because information is second-hand absolutely does NOT disqualify it from being FACT. Your experiences may have been great. I agree that most people who have trained with this facility report the same. However, based on experiences by a personal friend of mine who has absolutely NO reason to falsify ANY experiences, I have chosen to scratch this place off my list. There are plenty of other quality and professional organizations and individuals to train with. Your assertion of the situation having ZERO basis in fact has exactly ZERO basis in anything. You were not involved in the situation, nor have you so much as spoken with the individual who conveyed the events to me. You can be a cheerleader for whomever you like... but please do not make the assumption that the people you are defending are incapable of doing something wrong. The bottom line is, I believe someone did, and I will stand by that to my grave. You can besmirch me or my evaluation all you like, but remember, I am not trying to protect a business or make any money off anyone in regards to this institute or to firearm training in general. I never said anything that questioned the capabilities of any of the instructors or owners. In fact, only one person on this forum got the entire story regarding the situation of which I spoke, and it most certainly was not you, J&K. No offense, but you don't even KNOW the story, so you have extremely limited information on which to evaluate its validity or its usefulness.

I will state categorically that I will never spend a dime of my money nor a minute of my time training with this company, and I will seek an environment for my (and my wife's) training that I feel is more appropriate, safer and more professional. That is my opinion. Take it for what you will. Ignore it if you like. But no one is perfect... remember that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom